⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

I once lived in town.
Next to the RR track.
Across the street from the Fire Station who tested sirens every Friday at noon even when I was working nights.

I now live 10 3 miles from the racetrack as the crow flies. Still hear the 1/4 second runs.
The guy with the air boat that must run it every weekend is special. And deaf.

this place is otherwise quiet until the ice cream van shatters it for an hour trying to get business.

Everything is relative. <sigh>
I live less than a mile from the fairgrounds with racetrack. Probably about half a mile as the crow flies. Double paned windows are a blessing. They didn't help with the guys across the street.

My new place is literally right next to the train tracks, but I figure if I can live with a busy street behind my house, railroad tracks about 1.5 miles away, I should be able to handle it. I've been there when the train comes by. It's not bad except for the horn.

I live less than a mile from the fairgrounds with racetrack. Probably about half a mile as the crow flies. Double paned windows are a blessing. They didn't help with the guys across the street.

My new place is literally right next to the train tracks, but I figure if I can live with a busy street behind my house, railroad tracks about 1.5 miles away, I should be able to handle it. I've been there when the train comes by. It's not bad except for the horn.
The train wasn't bad. the engineer laying on the horn as he crossed main street was my issue. How close to an intersection are you? Does it have crossing arms?

The train wasn't bad. the engineer laying on the horn as he crossed main street was my issue. How close to an intersection are you? Does it have crossing arms?
I'm fairly close to an intersection, so I will hear the horn. At least I'm going in eyes open, so there shouldn't be any surprises. I'll get used to it, and it's worth it to have my dream house.

We were also down the road from the fire station (we could see it from our kitchen), and across the road from a railway track, and our house was right between two roads.
Ours is near the highway/two roads too and a train and right under a flight path so we hear everything lol although oddly I haven’t really heard the train lately. Idk if it’s not running as much ooooorrrrrr…. It’s a couple miles away too. The highway though is like right there even though we can’t see it/are in the woods hah we hear the construction and sirens, etc. etc. and there’s constantly airplanes and helicopters flying over.

I'm fairly close to an intersection, so I will hear the horn. At least I'm going in eyes open, so there shouldn't be any surprises. I'll get used to it, and it's worth it to have my dream house.
I am 3 miles from the train tracks and have no problem hearing the trains go by.

I am 3 miles from the train tracks and have no problem hearing the trains go by.
I hear the trains go by here. They're a couple of miles away. I'll always hear them, but I don't think they'll bother me at the new place. I'm still doing tricks to reduce the noise, but there's no getting rid of it. The highway that is just on the other side of the tracks doesn't have a lot of traffic. Less traffic than the road right behind my current house.

You won't even hear the horn after a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom