🆘 I have a 4 month old Pekin, who has something hanging from their bottom

LoriLWS

Hatching
Jul 24, 2021
I have six ducks, 2 Khaki Campbell's, and 4 Pekin. One of my Pekin's was in the wading pool, and acted lethargic. I picked her up, and she never put up a fuss, which they usually do, and rested her head on my shoulder. I noticed she had something hanging out her behind, that looked black on the end, and flesh colored up to the vent, and looks bloody, maybe around 2 inches long. I put her in the coop, with the others, and she keeps preening, and tries to get to the behind. I tried getting a picture, but it was difficult. I checked out some sites, which suggested she may be a he? But it surely does not look like a corkscrew. I am new to raising ducks and chickens, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have six ducks, 2 Khaki Campbell's, and 4 Pekin. One of my Pekin's was in the wading pool, and acted lethargic. I picked her up, and she never put up a fuss, which they usually do, and rested her head on my shoulder. I noticed she had something hanging out her behind, that looked black on the end, and flesh colored up to the vent, and looks bloody, maybe around 2 inches long. I put her in the coop, with the others, and she keeps preening, and tries to get to the behind. I tried getting a picture, but it was difficult. I checked out some sites, which suggested she may be a he? But it surely does not look like a corkscrew. I am new to raising ducks and chickens, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
How old and are you 100% she is a she? A ducks penis when extended is not always corkscrew shaped. Think of it like those spiral garden hoses, when not extended they naturally spiral up, but when extended they straighten out more.

How old and are you 100% she is a she? A ducks penis when extended is not always corkscrew shaped. Think of it like those spiral garden hoses, when not extended they naturally spiral up, but when extended they straighten out more.
Thank you. I did take pictures, but I am having difficulty downloading. I do believe she is a he.

Are you sure she/he is 4 months old? If older, it might be the membrane from a shell-less egg.
Membrane.
20210725_131041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom