šŸ£ Is my 4 day old duckling BLIND? ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹

AmyA248

Songster
Jun 20, 2022
Please give me your opinion.
Is my 4 day old baby blind? She was born with a crooked leg and half the size of her siblings. She imprinted with me due to her special needs, so I carry her around in a sling during the day. Thank goodness Iā€™m a teacher and Iā€™m home!
She requires 24/7 care and cries and absolutely cannot settle down.
Iā€™m beside myself with worry that Iā€™m going to lose her, and my children will be devastated.
Sheā€™s just so tiny but enjoys her time with her 3 siblings but she canā€™t walk, just scoot so she tired easily and I put her back in her warm box.
I have a terrible feeling that sheā€™s not going to make it and Iā€™m doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE!

Please help me! šŸ˜¢

Attachments

• 796E3071-1FFD-4EF4-91A7-FB5C6A5850C0.jpeg
    796E3071-1FFD-4EF4-91A7-FB5C6A5850C0.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 9
  • BEC5D9FD-E570-44B7-8F8B-414B5859EDBA.jpeg
    BEC5D9FD-E570-44B7-8F8B-414B5859EDBA.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 6
She most likely is blind, but it looks like there is still an active infection if that's goo I'm seeing on her eyes. If so she needs Terramycin on her eyes (antibiotic optical gel). Are you giving niacin? If not Tractor supply carries DurVet's B complex. It has livestock pictured on the bottle and may be in the livestock section, but it can be used for ducks. The usually dose is 1ml daily, but since she is so small I'm not sure what the dosage would be. @Miss Lydia is it the same 1ml daily dosage for small ducklings?

She most likely is blind, but it looks like there is still an active infection if that's goo I'm seeing on her eyes. If so she needs Terramycin on her eyes (antibiotic optical gel). Are you giving niacin? If not Tractor supply carries DurVet's B complex. It has livestock pictured on the bottle and may be in the livestock section, but it can be used for ducks. The usually dose is 1ml daily, but since she is so small I'm not sure what the dosage would be. @Miss Lydia is it the same 1ml daily dosage for small ducklings?
She passed away. Iā€™m broken šŸ’”

Back
Top Bottom