🔥☣️🏒The Sin Bin🏒☣️🔥

Just got back! Went for one and brought home 3. Chicken math right?:gig

I remember shopping for one adult chicken. I just needed a buddy for a lone survivor while we waited for the new poults to grow out. I came home with my first duck instead. :confused: What can I say... She was lonely & I was always really bad at math.:confused:

Bummer about the lice, but glad you noticed it right away.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...virus-crisis-will-end-if-china-accepts-jesus/
Facepalm.gif

I remember shopping for one adult chicken. I just needed a buddy for a lone survivor while we waited for the new poults to grow out. I came home with my first duck instead. :confused: What can I say... She was lonely & I was always really bad at math.:confused:

Bummer about the lice, but glad you noticed it right away.

That's a while different kind of chicken math. :lau

The first thing I did was turn them butt-up and invade their privacy to look gor tiny hitchhikers.

Yeah I really hated getting there and then seeing the lice. The boy that breeds them is in college and they are with his dad to be cared for until sold. I let his dad know that they were loaded and to treat his birds as well.

Beaks are also overgrown. I'm assuming from being kept in a hutch. 😩

Holy hell. I have been outside all morning juggling chickens...

The three new girls are in QT even though the breeder they came from is where all my birds come from. He is NPIP certified with a closed flock. BUT QT is a must.

I figure since all three of these girls came out of a hutch they've shared for their whole 4-6 months of life, they should be fine in the same QT pen. NOPE. Little smooth pullet is a loud mouth bully! Big dark frizzle is terrified of her and for good reason. Smooth got her almost in the eye right in front of me. Not just a peck either. A grab and hold! Little light frizzle is smooth's sidekick. Smooth is now in look-but-don't-touch solitary. Now the frizzles are at peace.

*Giant sigh* 😴

Here are some pics. Give them a few weeks with me and they'll look 10x better. Already took care of the bully so the other 2 can get enough to eat. Also have some Nutri-drench in the water and they will be getting sprayed with permethrin later today.
20200226_084750.jpg 20200226_084620.jpg 20200226_084412.jpg Resized_received_2617328691875952.jpg

Holy hell. I have been outside all morning juggling chickens...

The three new girls are in QT even though the breeder they came from is where all my birds come from. He is NPIP certified with a closed flock. BUT QT is a must.

I figure since all three of these girls came out of a hutch they've shared for their whole 4-6 months of life, they should be fine in the same QT pen. NOPE. Little smooth pullet is a loud mouth bully! Big dark frizzle is terrified of her and for good reason. Smooth got her almost in the eye right in front of me. Not just a peck either. A grab and hold! Little light frizzle is smooth's sidekick. Smooth is now in look-but-don't-touch solitary. Now the frizzles are at peace.

*Giant sigh* 😴

Here are some pics. Give them a few weeks with me and they'll look 10x better. Already took care of the bully so the other 2 can get enough to eat. Also have some Nutri-drench in the water and they will be getting sprayed with permethrin later today.
View attachment 2036108View attachment 2036109View attachment 2036110View attachment 2036111
Congrats, they are adorable! :love

Back
Top Bottom