šŸ”„ā˜£ļøšŸ’The Sin BinšŸ’ā˜£ļøšŸ”„

I have only incubated once, but Iā€™m pretty sure I first candled on Day 5, maybe 7, then 11, then 14, then 18. Yeah, I was a little anxious. I can go back in my records and look to be sure if I need to.
Candling dates are mostly for air cell development.

candling2.jpg

Usually you see development on day 7 and can toss clears and blood rings on day 14.

Day 18 is setup for hatching-- lockdown. this is the day you decide on the questionable eggs

Holy hell. I have been outside all morning juggling chickens...

The three new girls are in QT even though the breeder they came from is where all my birds come from. He is NPIP certified with a closed flock. BUT QT is a must.

I figure since all three of these girls came out of a hutch they've shared for their whole 4-6 months of life, they should be fine in the same QT pen. NOPE. Little smooth pullet is a loud mouth bully! Big dark frizzle is terrified of her and for good reason. Smooth got her almost in the eye right in front of me. Not just a peck either. A grab and hold! Little light frizzle is smooth's sidekick. Smooth is now in look-but-don't-touch solitary. Now the frizzles are at peace.

*Giant sigh* šŸ˜“

Here are some pics. Give them a few weeks with me and they'll look 10x better. Already took care of the bully so the other 2 can get enough to eat. Also have some Nutri-drench in the water and they will be getting sprayed with permethrin later today.
View attachment 2036108View attachment 2036109View attachment 2036110View attachment 2036111
They are gorgeous. What are they?

I honestly do not candle allot the 7th or 10th, Then at day before lock down
the one incubator I bought I have allot of faith in less I mess the better
I went back and looked at my records. It is really sad Iā€™m to the point I canā€™t rely on my memory on things such as this. Unless I missed something I only candled on days 7, 14, and 18. Mainly because I was curious as to what all was happening inside.

I have a dozen (all mutt-chicks) set aside right now that I want to hatch, but I want ducks now too. I am afraid I wonā€™t have the time to devote to each group if I have both going on. :idunno Decisions, decisions.

I mention that only to say, I most likely would not be as obsessed my second go round. :fl

Back
Top Bottom