🔥☣️🏒The Sin Bin🏒☣️🔥

Hey Kathy, any idea what these are? I found then while processing some ducks. It was just in this duck, and only in its mouth.

20200330_160438.jpg
20200330_160510.jpg

Did you try to mash any? They look like larvae of some sort to me. The poor boy trying to gobble down his last meal before being ousted. 😂
No, didn't mash anything, didn't think of that. :(
I do agree they look like a larvae of some kind.
They where all clustered under one side of his tongue, almost like he was chewing some bakky.
The cluster did "snap/pop" off as though they were anchored.

These are being used for raw dog food, so I'd like to try and figure out what it might be. Plus, I have 10 ducklings and 3 chicks from the same farm in quarantine, and want to make sure everyone is nice and clean prior to intro to my main flock.

I know Kathy likes "science, I mean educational" pictures... It's graphic, but here's a skinned Pekin including head & feet. Also the cleaned out gizzard and liver. Only portion discarded was the digestive tract. Feathers are being saved for later use.
20200321_180518.jpg
20200321_173124.jpg
20200321_173111.jpg

No, didn't mash anything, didn't think of that. :(
I do agree they look like a larvae of some kind.
They where all clustered under one side of his tongue, almost like he was chewing some bakky.
The cluster did "snap/pop" off as though they were anchored.

These are being used for raw dog food, so I'd like to try and figure out what it might be. Plus, I have 10 ducklings and 3 chicks from the same farm in quarantine, and want to make sure everyone is nice and clean prior to intro to my main flock.

I know Kathy likes "science, I mean educational" pictures... It's graphic, but here's a skinned Pekin including head & feet. Also the cleaned out gizzard and liver. Only portion discarded was the digestive tract. Feathers are being saved for later use.
Even with his head cut off, poor old duck still has its eye WIDE OPEN. 🤣 That’s funny looking! (That’s what she said!) Sorry, I couldn’t resist. It just popped outta my mouf!

BTW, you did a great job with that carcass. I guess I’m weird like Kathy. I love anatomy and dissection too. I always learn something new.

Thanks for posting this. I’m still very curious to hopefully find out what the eggy looking ‘mass’ is.

Back
Top Bottom