šŸ”„Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT ITāœ…

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow thatā€™s really interesting! I got my first one in high school though Iā€™m not sure exactly when hahah I feel like it may have been as early as sophomore year but in reality I think it was probably closer to junior or senior but yeah hahah

I remember at first I was pulling every single one out till I had one teacher that said one day (just coincidentally, I never told her) that she used to but that it causes bald spots so then I stopped :lau but then I still did occasionally for years. I havenā€™t pulled any in a while now. Iā€™m not totally grey but do have a lot šŸ¤£

Itā€™s actually kinda weird because the top layer of my hair is pretty grey now but when I lift it up, itā€™s still dark brown underneath so idk.

I do think stress has played a major factor as well though because itā€™s always been pretty stressful here to say the least šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ BUT! The weird thing is my younger brother is not grey like at all and my older brother is very grey like me. And we all lived the same stuff so who knows ? Maybe is partly genetic too? I think my mom greyed pretty early but not 100% sure.
It definitely is due to genetics. The genetics between siblings can vary greatly. Yes you get 1/2 of your genes from your father and 1/2 of your genes from your mother but that leaves lots of different possibilities since you get 23 chromosomes from each parent for a total of 46 chromosomes.

It definitely is due to genetics. The genetics between siblings can vary greatly. Yes you get 1/2 of your genes from your father and 1/2 of your genes from your mother but that leaves lots of different possibilities since you get 23 chromosomes from each parent for a total of 46 chromosomes.
That makes sense! Itā€™s actually kinda funny cause I look just like my dad and the boys both look just like my mom šŸ¤£ but yet one boy is like me with the grey and the other is not. Definitely fascinating!!

The white hair is caused by excess hydrogen peroxide production which bleaches the color out of the hair. There is a pill for something else that as a side effect causes the excess hydrogen peroxide production to stop allowing the hair to return to it's natural color.

White hair at an early age was thought to correspond with osteoporosis.

My maternal grandmother had a full head of white hair by the time she was 30. She did not develop type 2 diabetes until late in life.
Yes, but oxidative stress is involved in hyperinsulinemia/insulin resistance. Osteoporosis can be linked/implicated with diabetes. The precursor to type 2 diabetes is usually hyperinsulinemia/insulin resistance.
42kmoig.gif

Some of my hairs have/are turning back to dark at the base. There's not enough time to turn them all back tho. :p:gig I've been white since about 40ish I think. :confused:

My grandmother has osteoporosis. She never developed diabetes, but I suspect she had hyperinsulinemia. All the ladies on my maternal side get cancer, but not the same cancers. I'm going out on a limb to say I strongly suspect the damage from hyperinsulinemia/insulin resistance is suspect, doing damage to other parts involved with hormone production and such.

Oh wow thatā€™s really interesting! I got my first one in high school though Iā€™m not sure exactly when hahah I feel like it may have been as early as sophomore year but in reality I think it was probably closer to junior or senior but yeah hahah

I remember at first I was pulling every single one out till I had one teacher that said one day (just coincidentally, I never told her) that she used to but that it causes bald spots so then I stopped :lau but then I still did occasionally for years. I havenā€™t pulled any in a while now. Iā€™m not totally grey but do have a lot šŸ¤£

Itā€™s actually kinda weird because the top layer of my hair is pretty grey now but when I lift it up, itā€™s still dark brown underneath so idk.

I do think stress has played a major factor as well though because itā€™s always been pretty stressful here to say the least šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ BUT! The weird thing is my younger brother is not grey like at all and my older brother is very grey like me. And we all lived the same stuff so who knows ? Maybe is partly genetic too? I think my mom greyed pretty early but not 100% sure.
The body is incredibly complex. This may not be the cause, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Everyone is different; from diverse backgrounds and genetics which can play a part. Science is not always settled.

My first gray happened a month after I met my husband...so I've always blamed it on him.:gig :wee

Yes, but oxidative stress is involved in hyperinsulinemia/insulin resistance. Osteoporosis can be linked/implicated with diabetes. The precursor to type 2 diabetes is usually hyperinsulinemia/insulin resistance. View attachment 2969784

Some of my hairs have/are turning back to dark at the base. There's not enough time to turn them all back tho. :p:gig I've been white since about 40ish I think. :confused:

My grandmother has osteoporosis. She never developed diabetes, but I suspect she had hyperinsulinemia. All the ladies on my maternal side get cancer, but not the same cancers. I'm going out on a limb to say I strongly suspect the damage from hyperinsulinemia/insulin resistance is suspect, doing damage to other parts involved with hormone production and such.
I suspect that you would be surprised how fast the white hairs stop once the excess hydrogen peroxide production stops. This was information discovered by accident when the by product of people who had white hair started taking a certain pill and their hair returned to its natural color as it continued to grow out.

I'm liking the grey hair, it makes people younger than me to respect me more. Maybe it has a bit to do with how I was raised in that we were taught to respect and give honor to the older folk. I actually appreciate the teaching now that I'm "older".

Personally I like when people let their hair be a natural color, they are being themselves naturally. Coloring their hair seems to insinuate lack of contentment with themselves. I find it un-natural and unattractive when a face is obviously in the older class and they have solid colored hair. (my opinion only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom