🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a much as me 😂🤣🙈
1642694882948.png

This popped up on my feed this morning from Dr. John Jaquish. I like his information because he sites the studies it comes from. I think it might be of value who work out.

Why do we tell people to have slow repetition cadence?
A 2016 study demonstrated that after 12 weeks, the men in the slow speed group showed nearly five times the progression of strength compared to the fast speed lifters, as well as gaining 200% more muscle mass.
This outcome was reflected in the aggregate shown in the more recent meta-analysis by Wilk and researchers. So what’s the “slow cadence” of preference for maximum growth? 2-3 seconds up, 2-3 seconds down.
-
Pereira, P. E. A., Motoyama, Y. L., Esteves, G. J., Quinelato, W. C., Botter, L., Tanaka, K. H., & Azevedo, P. (2016). Resistance training with slow speed of movement is better for hypertrophy and muscle strength gains than fast speed of movement. International journal of applied exercise physiology, 5(2).
+
Wilk, M., Zajac, A., & Tufano, J. J. (2021). The Influence of Movement Tempo During Resistance Training on Muscular Strength and Hypertrophy Responses: A Review. Sports Medicine, 1-22.
Interesting.
A lot of times when I try to do those YouTube exercises with the hand weights and stuff they move way too fast for me. 🤣
And I always wondered if the speed really made a difference.
I'm getting my cardio in other ways by treadmilling and hula hooping anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom