đŸ”„Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it’s funny you mention your hair changing back because I actually just recently read an article that said that that was possible in some people. I think mostly in cases where it’s stress based but even then, only certain people. Guess you’re one of the lucky ones :lau
I must be! :gig

Besides the extra time I've spent dying my hair, if I'm on point, I can get 3 colorings out of a box so it costs me next to nothing. Frugality for the win!! :yesss:

This isn't the article that made me aware of the H2O2 situation but it contains much of the same information.

"In a 2009 study, researchers discovered that going gray is simply a buildup of hydrogen peroxide in your hair particles, which bleaches your hair from the inside.[2] Yep, bottle blondes love hydrogen peroxide for its bleaching effect, but it’s also a chemical that your hair cells make naturally.

Here’s where things get interesting — usually, a hardworking enzyme called catalase breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen. But as you get older, catalase production starts to slow down. The result? Hydrogen peroxide starts to accumulate in the body.

“Hydrogen peroxide plays a major role in essentially bleaching out the hair pigment centers,” says Ronald Peralta, cancer survivor and co-founder of hair supplement Nutrafol, in a recent Bulletproof Radio (iTunes) podcast episode. “Gray hair is nothing less than a reflection of a reduction of catalase enzyme, one of the more potent antioxidants.”

Catalase isn’t the only enzyme that breaks down hydrogen peroxide. Glutathione peroxidase, the body’s master antioxidant produced by the liver, turns hydrogen peroxide into water.[3] Because glutathione production lowers as you get older, it’s a good idea to supplement. To get more glutathione:"

https://daveasprey.com/gray-hair-science-natural-solutions/
So I should expect to eventually be disinfected from the inside out? :p

Excuse Me What GIF

Mind blown
Perhaps I should try some pecan pie... đŸ€”

I don't hate nuts. I like a little bit of almonds in my ice cream just for texture. Pecan pie just looks yucky đŸ€·â€â™€ïž
If I could, I'd pick out all the pecans and give the rest of the pie back. :D
The young man didn't like pecans on the tarts so I would eat the pecans.
denkend_smilie_0004.gif

My extra was doing a couple of hours of chores in pj pants, a t-shirt, and a light jacket. I figure the cold must be a challenge. At home I no longer wear winter clothes, doesn't matter how cold it is. I took this the other morning when they canceled school because it was too cold. I took this pic for my sis because she was giving me a hard time about not wearing any clothes.
Screenshot_20220120-085702_Chrome.jpg 20220119_115725.jpg

I was feeling competitive today so I thought I'd try a plank with such inspiration from everybody. I made it to just over 26 seconds, but I started laughing because one cat and then two cats got on my back and they started fighting. I can't help but feel this was an unfair handicap. :p
Apparently, planking outside would not work. Yes, she is the devil. :love
Screenshot_20220123-144502_Clock.jpg 20220123_144516.jpg

Last edited:
My extra was doing a couple of hours of chores in pj pants, a t-shirt, and a light jacket. I figure the cold must be a challenge. At home I no longer wear winter clothes, doesn't matter how cold it is. I took this the other morning when they canceled school because it was too cold. I took this pic for my sis because she was giving me a hard time about not wearing any clothes.
View attachment 2970235

I was feeling competitive today so I thought I'd try a plank with such inspiration from everybody. I made it to just over 26 seconds, but I started laughing because one cat and then two cats got on my back and they started fighting. I can't help but feel this was an unfair handicap. :p
Apparently, planking outside would not work. Yes, she is the devil. :love
View attachment 2970244 View attachment 2970247
Kitties :love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom