😞no more chickens😞

So sorry for you loss. I hope you took plenty of pictures and of the bird that was in the dog owners yard. I have several game cameras on my property and see predators on at least one camera most nights. Here the predators mainly roam at night. I put electric wires around my coops and pens, good heavy duty netting covering the pens and concrete under the gates. I have hardware cloth covering all windows and on the doors all due to losses from predators in the past. Good luck...
http://www.poultrydvm.com/featured-infographic/tips-for-protecting-poultry-from-predators
Yes I did take pictures it just sad to see this happen and to our chickens we have had them since they were babies and they loved to play and chase us and the kids

I can relate. If you have everything well documented should you need to take it further you should be ok. I only say these things as you have likely heard from other's, these are changing times. I had my first flock around 50 years ago. It was totally different back then. Good luck...

So yesterday we woke up as a normal day….went out side to let our babies (chickens) out and seen a lot of feathers scattered about 😞 and as I was walking up to the chicken coop I see one of our babies (chickens) laying there lifeless as I turned to our green house where I chickens sleep I see the metal bottom of the screen door is gone😭. I all ready new the fate of our babies (chickens). As I went inside to tell the wife she could see the exspression on my face🥺. She immediately says “what happen”? I am about to explain to her when our children walk in to the room and they can definitely tell something is wrong. So I had to explain to my 4-6-9 year old that a dog had malled our chickens. My children are now devastated about there chickens being gone. We put up cameras around our house because we had one chicken come up missing once before. It was a hard video to watch and see our babies (chickens) try and scramble out of the green house. Our fence is secured and we have brick fencing around our entire back yard the small walk-in gate was no match for this big black dog and neither was our metal-screen door. We did find where the dog resides and also found one of our babies (chickens) in there front yard. We did notify animal control and hope that they handle this the way it should be we have went to the alley neighbor house and knocked with no response. We are hoping to find some more babies (chickens) and will be doing some more fence proofing before we do get more chickens. Chickens 🐓
Even as an adult, it's hard to loose one of our girls. So sorry for your loss.

I considered converting my hoop house to a run for chickens but couldn't make it safe enough .I use mine for plants so I ditched the idea once I realized it how much work it would be to cover it with hardware cloth and not rip the greenhouse plastic covering. I hope the dogs owners have reimbursed you for the damages it did to your greenhouse( and the chickens!)If not, you might want to consider taking them to small claims court. I hope your greenhouse is fixable and can be made safe for chickens so you can get some more for the kids.Sorry for your loss!

So yesterday we woke up as a normal day….went out side to let our babies (chickens) out and seen a lot of feathers scattered about 😞 and as I was walking up to the chicken coop I see one of our babies (chickens) laying there lifeless as I turned to our green house where I chickens sleep I see the metal bottom of the screen door is gone😭. I all ready new the fate of our babies (chickens). As I went inside to tell the wife she could see the exspression on my face🥺. She immediately says “what happen”? I am about to explain to her when our children walk in to the room and they can definitely tell something is wrong. So I had to explain to my 4-6-9 year old that a dog had malled our chickens. My children are now devastated about there chickens being gone. We put up cameras around our house because we had one chicken come up missing once before. It was a hard video to watch and see our babies (chickens) try and scramble out of the green house. Our fence is secured and we have brick fencing around our entire back yard the small walk-in gate was no match for this big black dog and neither was our metal-screen door. We did find where the dog resides and also found one of our babies (chickens) in there front yard. We did notify animal control and hope that they handle this the way it should be we have went to the alley neighbor house and knocked with no response. We are hoping to find some more babies (chickens) and will be doing some more fence proofing before we do get more chickens. Chickens 🐓
I am so sorry. This is heartbreaking

Back
Top Bottom