🤎5 month old silkie gender🤎

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
I got this Chocolate silkie yesterday and was told it was a rooster. However I'm wondering🤔 It's 5 months old. What do you guys think??

(The table was cleaned after pictures so nobody have a heart attack😂)
20211022_092758.jpg

20211022_092840.jpg

20211022_092816.jpg
20211022_092834.jpg

20211022_092818.jpg

Attachments

• 20211022_092834.jpg
    20211022_092834.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Looks like a girl to me. By 5 months the boys usually have more noticeable characteristics around the head and tail.

Cute bird... but get it off your table!! I love my chickens too, but they literally walk around in dirt, poo, water, grass and whatever else you can imagine all day long. Not something you want on your table.

This one is tricky! I am leaning pullet. Chance it is a later developing cockerel. It does have small wattles, which are inhibited by the bearding gene, and should be almost non existent in pullets. It also has what appears to be streamers, but I have a pullet that looks like this too.
You bought it as a cockerel? What did the seller say about it?🤔

This one is tricky! I am leaning pullet. Chance it is a later developing cockerel. It does have small wattles, which are inhibited by the bearding gene, and should be almost non existent in pullets. It also has what appears to be streamers, but I have a pullet that looks like this too.
She just asked if I wanted a Chocolate roo to go with a pullet I was buying from her. She said the others were picking on him and pulled alot of his tail feathers out.

Yes. Those wing patches are saying male.

We have 2 pure white silkies in our flock they are 12 weeks old one pullet and one Cockerel the pics you have of your chocolate silkie the size is very much the same size as my pullet and also my Cockrell was crowing at 8 weeks every morning plus he is much taller than than my pullet so I'm almost certain you have a pullet nice looking bird you have

Back
Top Bottom