🦆My Flock And Stuff 🐔

KingD

🙄🤚©
Jun 19, 2020
England, United Kingdom
I have had a few members mention that it'd be a good Idea to start a flock thread, so here it is.

You might have see this thread before but I'll post a link here as some people might find it slightly interesting. It gives a bit of an insight into what I've been up to lately.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/shetland-duck-hatch🦆.1463610/#post-24378845

I'll use this thread to share any interesting happenings (or disasters).

So things have changed a bit.
I surprised @PippinTheChicken by taking in her two Silkie cockerels. They're amazingly friendly. Pickles can be a bit feisty at times but a bit of a head stroke calms him down.

I have 15 chicks which I'm trying to sell at the moment because I've had yet another idea..
I will be either hatching or buying some Silkie females to live in with the boys.

They were raised well
Pickles thinking about going for my leg.
20210906_151054.jpg

Haven't really updated this thread for a little while. I'm not the most interesting sort of person so i don't have a great deal to say.
Currently I have 11 eggs in the incubator from my Shetland ducks. I'm expecting 90% of them to be infertile though as my Drake was unfortunately taken by a predator a few weeks ago which means that the laying of fertile eggs had ceased.

I do have 2 ducklings though which I hatched in the hopes of one of them being a male. As the breed is so rare, my chances of finding another drake is very very slim. They're pretty cute.
20211009_160209.jpg

Perhaps my most exciting update is that I've ordered some hatching eggs from a flock of show quality black Orpingtons. They are obviously English Orps, not the horrible looking ones from other countries.
Here are a couple of pics from the seller of the flock the eggs are coming from.
20211012_234256.jpg
20211012_234153.jpg

I'm Really excited to see how they turn out. I hope to start my own breeding flock of them in the future.

Back
Top Bottom