🦆My Flock And Stuff 🐔

IMG-20210403-WA0017~2.jpg

Got these girls from there. Very beautiful

Haven't really updated this thread for a little while. I'm not the most interesting sort of person so i don't have a great deal to say.
Currently I have 11 eggs in the incubator from my Shetland ducks. I'm expecting 90% of them to be infertile though as my Drake was unfortunately taken by a predator a few weeks ago which means that the laying of fertile eggs had ceased.

I do have 2 ducklings though which I hatched in the hopes of one of them being a male. As the breed is so rare, my chances of finding another drake is very very slim. They're pretty cute.
20211009_160209.jpg

Perhaps my most exciting update is that I've ordered some hatching eggs from a flock of show quality black Orpingtons. They are obviously English Orps, not the horrible looking ones from other countries.
Here are a couple of pics from the seller of the flock the eggs are coming from.
20211012_234256.jpg
20211012_234153.jpg

I'm Really excited to see how they turn out. I hope to start my own breeding flock of them in the future.

Hi KingB, how are you doing? I haven't been on board for a while. How is your flock? Did you find the duck girl back who had gone missing and you were hoping she was somewhere hidden and brooding?
I'm so sorry you lost your drake 😞
How are the two ducklings doing you did hatch? Is there a male?
Wow those black Orpingtons are beautiful! How many did hatch?
Your Legbar chick looks awesome! It's a girl, yes?

Hi KingB, how are you doing? I haven't been on board for a while. How is your flock? Did you find the duck girl back who had gone missing and you were hoping she was somewhere hidden and brooding?
I'm so sorry you lost your drake 😞
How are the two ducklings doing you did hatch? Is there a male?
Wow those black Orpingtons are beautiful! How many did hatch?
Your Legbar chick looks awesome! It's a girl, yes?
Hey! So sorry not to reply to this. To be totally honest, I didn't even realize you had send this message.

All the ducks except 1 were unfortunately taken by a fox. The duck still remaining thinks it's a chicken haha, it spend it's days following the cockerels around. The cockerels obviously think it's a chicken too because I've witnessed a few mating attempts😄she seems to be happy. Unfortunately the duck which disappeared never returned, I suspect it was a fox which took her.

The black Orpington eggs were unfortunately a bit of a failure. Whilst the eggs were half way through incubation we had a power cut which I didn't realize about until I went to check the eggs and the incubator had reset itself. Surprisingly 1 chick hatched which is a male according to @ColtHandorf (the Orpington expect).

👇Here he is. I absolutely love him, I'm pretty certain he thinks he's a human lol!
20211207_214847.jpg
20211215_172031.jpg
20211223_162301.jpg
20220113_154703.jpg
20220203_075253.jpg
20220321_120947.jpg

As to the legbar chick you mentioned, yes it was indeed a girl. Unfortunately the flock have experienced a couple of nasty fox attacks in recent times and I have lost a number of the hens. I currently only have my 4 cockerels. 2 marans(I think), the black Orpington and a Silkie named Pickles who used to belong to @PippinTheChicken, he's my favourite.

Pickles:
20220104_163900.jpg

..and my two other cockerels who are nasty little devils haha. Hopefully they'll deter any foxes though.
20220207_192750.jpg

I hope you are doing well, @Chickeria !! :highfive:

Ughhh! I just want to cuddle the mess out of that little fat boy! He is going to be sooooo handsome when he's about 2. Over here it's at least 18 months before they are really filled out. His mom and aunts are so big though, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes longer to get full-sized.

Back
Top Bottom