1 1/2 year old hen strange fecal matter

Yuki

Songster
5 Years
Sep 13, 2017
She is not molting properly she had lost wait it's been In the 40 and 30s here I've been giving them sunflower seeds meal worm I don't know what's going on its a in between of liquid and solid is a yellow brown colorand she is acting fine what is going on

I fed them layer feed kale send bread that's about it its her firsttrue Molt her feathers are not growing in quickly like they should be the molt started later then it should have the feces smells off it always splatter when it comes out

Its more or less concern because I've tried shrugging to gether system back to normal I dont know if it's because of cracked corn that I fed her over a month ago

You are struggling to get their systems back to normal from what?
Molt can sometimes take months to complete, there is a very wide range of normal. There is also a wide range of normal for when molt can start, some birds start in the dead of winter. I would stop treats for a few days, just feed the regular feed, maybe give a bit of scrambled egg for a treat and protein, and see if the droppings firm up. Adding a probiotic may help. Is every dropping like that? If you have a vet that will do a fecal test for you that would let you know if internal parasites are an issue, they can cause runny droppings.

Itsjust her fecel matter I've been trying proboitic for a week I'm waiting for her system to turn her poop back to normal I'll give it a try of just layer feed and scrambled eggs only problem is the haven't been laying anything but it doesn't matter for me since they are pets thank you
You are struggling to get their systems back to normal from what?
Molt can sometimes take months to complete, there is a very wide range of normal. There is also a wide range of normal for when molt can start, some birds start in the dead of winter. I would stop treats for a few days, just feed the regular feed, maybe give a bit of scrambled egg for a treat and protein, and see if the droppings firm up. Adding a probiotic may help. Is every dropping like that? If you have a vet that will do a fecal test for you that would let you know if internal parasites are an issue, they can cause runny droppings.

Makes sense but what about if I'm giving her too much protein tomorrow morning ill post a picture of her poop
Itsjust her fecel matter I've been trying proboitic for a week I'm waiting for her system to turn her poop back to normal I'll give it a try of just layer feed and scrambled eggs only problem is the haven't been laying anything but it doesn't matter for me since the
They won't lay eggs while molting, it takes a lot of protein to grow new feathers and they can't do both at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom