1 & 2 year old hens and a few roosters North Central Arkansas

slippednfell

Songster
Apr 20, 2019
AR - OZARK Mountains
Hi Everyone.

It is with great sadness that I find myself having to rehome my flock. I am handicapped so my husband has always taken care of them. He developed Alzheimer's and was managing to take care of them, sometimes, by my direction and reminders. He has rapidly declined and is no longer capable of taking care of them. I have tried but with the rain, my scooter is bogging down in the mess near the coop. I can't even get you some photos.

I believe they are healthy overall but again, I can't really inspect them. They are about a year old. Most are cochin (golden lace - 2 roos & 1 hen, partridge and silver). I honestly can't for the life of me remember the last breed.

I am located between Mountain View, AR and Leslie, AR, off of hwy 66.

I will miss this fantastic community. You all have been great!

PS: my cochin hen is a fantastic mama and hatched about a half dozen chicks last summer. She and one rooster are two years old.

I'm sorry for your troubles and difficulties. I recommend putting a listing on craigslist. I've both bought and sold animals on that site. Also, if there is a local farmers market/auction in your area, you may want to contact them.

Perhaps a friend or neighbor could assist you in the meantime. I pray that you have success and that God gives you the strength to get through your challenges.

I wish I could help, but I am in Pennsylvania.

I’m sorry for what you are going through. I agree with Goosey Girl. Craigs list would be a good option. Also, your local feed store. Give them a call and tell them your situation, and I’m sure they could help or at least find someone. Good luck.

This is heartbreaking! I hate that your having to face so much. I really wish I lived closer, we adore our cochins, but live in South Central Arkansas and unfortunately it's a far drive. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Hi Everyone.

It is with great sadness that I find myself having to rehome my flock. I am handicapped so my husband has always taken care of them. He developed Alzheimer's and was managing to take care of them, sometimes, by my direction and reminders. He has rapidly declined and is no longer capable of taking care of them. I have tried but with the rain, my scooter is bogging down in the mess near the coop. I can't even get you some photos.

I believe they are healthy overall but again, I can't really inspect them. They are about a year old. Most are cochin (golden lace - 2 roos & 1 hen, partridge and silver). I honestly can't for the life of me remember the last breed.

I am located between Mountain View, AR and Leslie, AR, off of hwy 66.

I will miss this fantastic community. You all have been great!

PS: my cochin hen is a fantastic mama and hatched about a half dozen chicks last summer. She and one rooster are two years old.
I ll take them
I m in Mountain View

Back
Top Bottom