1 Andalusian in flock of 3, how much room for run?

welsummer4

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
Hello All! A few days after I ordered three chicks from M.P.C, they called to inform me that one of the breeds I picked would not be available for a few mnths. They suggested a Blue Andalusian as a replacement because it would be ready to ship at the same time as my other two (a Welsummer and Barred Rock), and I said OK. Well, I chose my other two breeds because they can handle confinement well, but after doing some research on the Andalusian I came to find out they they do best free-ranging. I was only planning about a 10x10 foot covered run for them with occasional free-ranging in the yard, but now I'm worried that this won't be sufficient for the Andalusian. Can anyone tell me if my worries are justified, or will I be fine going ahead as planned?

By the way, my chicks are about a month old now, and I have to say the Andalusian is my favorite. She's pretty to look at and has a great personality, so I want to do right by her
smile.png

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
First off, WELCOME TO BYC. So glad you found us.

I'd say if you make it a bit longer they will be fine.... but just go ahead and double the size and get more chickens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom