1 broody = cute, 2 broody = inconvenient, 3 =...

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
Insanity!
barnie.gif
These broodies are driving me NUTS! Lily is so cute with her chicks, I just love watching her, but now I have a black Jersey Giant that's gone broody. OK, I fixed her a dog crate cage, with nice nesting box, and gave her some eggs.
jumpy.gif
Don't know what I'm going to do with her when she hatches them out. I'm running out of places to put momma's and chicks. Now it looks like my other JG is broody. Zunibee says he's never been able to break them. I'm out of places for broody's to hang out.
he.gif
What am I going to do? I know if the blue JG is broody, I'm getting rid of them. But how do you get rid of them when they are broody? NO, I'm not going to kill them but I can't afford to have two chickens that don't use feed very efficiently anyway not laying.
barnie.gif

Mine haven't gone broody, but they're not laying squat either, and for various reasons I can't add a light to the coop yet. It's seriously breaking the bank. I can't imagine if I had broodies I had to find separate living quarters for on top of everything else.

Back
Top Bottom