1 Bully chicken in the coop at night

Today here has been very windy, the chickens have been quite spooked and running up and down the garden and huddling up together, no bullying, just keeping each other warm, it gets dusky around 4pm (16:00) here, I watched Speckledy (the bully) carefully, we have a light that we can switch on and off remotely in the coop, and basically each time she got almost to the highest roost, and thought about turning back to pick on the others, I turned it off, then after a short time back on, so she focussed on continuing to the top of the roost (not to the younger chickens), it took a few goes of light on / off, but she eventually got herself to the top roost and settled, and meanwhile the others also roosted and settled around her 🥳
4AFAD9EE-4888-475F-A7C3-CC90EF3636DD.jpeg

Hi! :frow

I am sure glad it is working. You had trouble in the coop. Our bully was in the run. She did not like Hen jail for two weeks, off two weeks for many months and she did not learn. We don't have her any longer.

Keep up the good work. I will remember this one if I need it.

Hi! :frow

I am sure glad it is working. You had trouble in the coop. Our bully was in the run. She did not like Hen jail for two weeks, off two weeks for many months and she did not learn. We don't have her any longer.

Keep up the good work. I will remember this one if I need it.
Oh wow, I’m really hoping things will continue to go well, the bully is right now walking up the garden with her new best friends! These are the 4 gingernuts she has been picking on, keeping my fingers crossed for continued improvement 😍 and they've all just been chasing our Rhode Rock Hen paxo around the garden for something she had in her mouth, they are so funny...

Attachments

• CE710DEB-2B24-411B-8931-A7DE209DBBFF.jpeg
    CE710DEB-2B24-411B-8931-A7DE209DBBFF.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom