1 chicken out of 6 not laying in nesting box, how do I correct this!

I'm not sure of the dimentions off the top of my head. It said it would hold 6-8 chickens but I agree it does look like they could use more room, I definitley wouldn't put 8 in there! They aren't crammed in there but they could use more room. My husband is currently building them a bigger one, that he's just about done with so we are trying to make due with letting them out for supervised free range during the day. Do you think that could be the reason she's not using the nesting box?
Most of them tend to hang out in the run during the day, so the nesting area is usually empty unless they go up to lay.

I'm not sure of the dimentions off the top of my head. It said it would hold 6-8 chickens but I agree it does look like they could use more room, I definitley wouldn't put 8 in there! They aren't crammed in there but they could use more room. My husband is currently building them a bigger one, that he's just about done with so we are trying to make due with letting them out for supervised free range during the day. Do you think that could be the reason she's not using the nesting box?
Most of them tend to hang out in the run during the day, so the nesting area is usually empty unless they go up to lay.
It could very well be, crowding stress can cause a multitude of problems.

Hopefully once they move into the new coop, she will start laying in the nesting box. They don't seem stressed & get to be loose in the yard for a few hours in the morning & again in the evening but I understand that could be the reason. Thank you!

Well, not sure if the golf ball solved the problem or if she just started seeing the other girls laying in the nesting box. But for the past 2 days she has been laying in the nesting box with the rest of them!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom