1 Splash 2 Blue - Orpingtons - Photos!

Miss Prissy, I have ALL SORTS OF THINGS...Lets see..Rouen, Blue swedish and crested and Pekin ducks, (No pair of one specific breed) the Rouen is the Drake. I have one embeden and two troulouse, I think they wont start layin til march though because thats when they were born?
I have a mating trio of Aeracaunas, White leghorns, Silkies, bantams japanese but various mixed colors).
I have only Hens in Barred Rock, black sexlink, Buff orpington, and SL wyndott. ( I have two new SL wyndott roos so in 4 months I will have a breeding trio of those as well.

Also in 4-5 months you can add breeding pairs of Egyptian Fayoumis, Buttercups, SS Hamburgs, WC Black Polish. I have two SR Cuckoo marans that i dont know what is yet

Right now the Orpingtons, barred rocks, and SL wyndotts, and sex links are in with the Aeracaunas.

I also have guineas regular spotted ones (not french) that will be layin in a couple months.

That about covers it I think.

Quote:
That name is reserved! I'll know him when I see him!
smile.png

Miss P, those are gorgeous birds. I imagine you hoard every egg you get from those 2 and get them in the bator.

Heres a question. You say Mosby is well over 10 pounds. The standard has the males at 10 pounds and hens at 8 pounds. Is that an average? How much over 10 pounds is too big?

Quote:
I'm not sure how big is too big. Suede is a bit over 10 lbs himself. The European standards call for Blue Orps to be 10-14 lb for the roosters and 10-12 lb for the Buffs, so they expect them to be larger than the Buffs, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom