1 year together and I need help y'all!

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
Ok, so Chris and I have "officially" been dating 1 year as of tomorrow. I know one year of dating is no big deal, really, but this last year has been pretty rough on me (one three night hospital stay with surgery in January and another 3 night hospital stay last month plus moving, plus changing schools) and he has been there for me the entire time. Not to mention his dilema with the whole employment thing at the end of the year last year. Let's just say we've been through a lot together and I know he is the one that I am going to spend the rest of my life with. We've even looked at rings, if you know what I mean
wink.png

We're both working tonight, and we both work tomorrow night, so going somewhere for a nice dinner is out of the question. Money is tight, too, so something simple will have to do; so here's what I'm thinking. I call him after work and have him meet me at his favorite place to eat (which, by the way is just a diner down the highway from our place) and I will buy him breakfast. Then, I'm thinking since he has told me on occasion this summer that he needs a new wallet, I'll swing by and pick one up for him on the way home.

Anyone else have any better ideas? Pretty much all my life the only men I have had to buy for (besides my wretched ex (who is NOTHING like Chris) is my brothers, so I can use all the help I can get.

I feel silly posting about this, it makes me feel childish, but I am kind of at a loss, and BYC is always where I turn when google fails me. Thanks y'all!

Making breakfast together is always sexy too! Dutch babies with raspberries or crepes with lingonberries are some of my personal favorites, and are super easy to make.

I think the wallet idea is very sweet. Maybe tuck a little note inside it?
smile.png

Quote:
Terrah you know Chris better than we do. You KNOW what will light his fire and what won't. A wallet is a great idea since he needs one, however it could be taped to a bottle of wine. With a few candles. You and I are not the froo-froo type of gals, but wine and candles remain romantic.

Quote:
Oh I love the note idea! I would love to make breakfast for him, but I am already exhausted. I text him and told him to pick a place for breakfast and it will be my treat. He thought that sounded good. I love the note idea in the wallet, but I think I will save that for when we wake up
smile.png

Quote:
Terrah you know Chris better than we do. You KNOW what will light his fire and what won't. A wallet is a great idea since he needs one, however it could be taped to a bottle of wine. With a few candles. You and I are not the froo-froo type of gals, but wine and candles remain romantic.

You see, this is why I love you Debit.
hugs.gif

Get him the wallet and make one of those voucher books to put inside it. Eg "This voucher is good for 1 massage", "good for getting out of cleaning the toilet", "This voucher will make me drive so you can drink" etc etc etc lol it's the gift that keeps giving!!! I made one for my fiance and he used it up so quickly lol

Get one of those heart egg moulds! Give him that for breakfast! It's loving BYC style! lol

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/img/product-Images/lhes-350a.jpg

Quote:
THis is what i was going to suggest..only with naughty stuff ..
lol.png
hide.gif

And also take him out for breakfast..
smile.png

I live in Iowa too, and I know there isn't anything fancy in the state. The best gift is the one that really says how you feel. Ever thought of wrapping a box and in it put a note that says how you feel? Like someone said, make a meal together, have a flour fight. Have fun.. thats what memories are.. the fun you had. Here in Iowa.. you sort of have to make your own fun.

Breakfast out sounds great, and I like the wallet idea...but maybe stuffed with some handwritten coupons/bills to be redeemed at special times that there's a chance to have private time together...can't think of much of anything else that would make for more enlivening breakfast chat and that could also last the year through.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom