10 days old acting like pros

7L Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
Anderson, Texas
Well , I put the biddies in their coop which is 3 sided 330 sq ft. at 7 days old. I did add their wire cage brooder which I wrapped a blanket around it & the cage has a door left open so they can come & go as they choose. The red bulb heat lamp is at the entrance of the cage so they can roost at bed time. During the day they run around head down flapping their wings. They face up to each other & hit each other chest to chest trying already to get the pecking order straight. I got a roost available which they are already using their roosting at about 12 to 16 inches. Forgot to mention theres 30 chicks in the coop. I noticed one group was already laying in the sandy loam floor kicking dirt over each other taking an afternoon bath. I swear they act like pros. The coop is bigggg & they are well you know small. They look like ants in their new home. If anyone has the oppuritunity get your chicks into the coop at an early age its gotta be a better environment for the chicks & so much fun to watch.
63768_biddies_in_coop_003.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a picture of the cage in the coop. You can see the wire door is open & I have pine shavings in the cage for warmth & comfort they ball up in the cage at night to stay warm.
63768_biddies_new_brooder_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom