10 Fresh Araucana Eggs

Ray_n_Debi

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
South Carolina
10 fresh hatching eggs from my Araucana pens. The pens have rumpless and tufted roosters, the hens are all rumpless, some have tufts.

coop2_04small-1.jpg

Bluearaucanahen10-8-10hatchLtGrnBlue-1.jpg

100_2093-1.jpg

Araucanas are a rumpless, tufted, South American breed that lays a blue egg. They are often confused with Ameraucana or Easter Egger chickens. They will be ready for your incubator and the fun will start 21 days later! Araucanas are a breed of chicken that has no tail (rumpless), has ear tufts and lays a blue egg. Buying hatching eggs is a gamble and Araucana eggs have their own hatching difficulties. Araucanas have a lower fertility rate then other many other breeds. I cannot guarantee they will all be tufted or rumpless. I cannot guarantee that ANY will hatch, although I always send extras to help make your chances better. I pack as safe and secure as possible but I cannot guarantee that they will survive any mishaps from shipping. Do not leave eggs sitting in a mailbox that could overheat or freeze. Please only bid if you can afford to take the risk. I only ship on Mondays. Please pay immediately after auction ends. If you pay with an E Check they usually take 3-4 business days to clear, then I would ship on the following Monday after the E Check cleared.
Here is a pic of my eggs. I don't think it will be true to color since everybody’s monitor is set differently. I don't have "robin blue" eggs. They are not olive either. They fall some where in between. On my computer the uploaded picture is pretty true to color. On my husbands across the room the color is much more vibrant then they really are.

Eggs8-12-11.jpg

OK I'm goin for it...i ordered the color card, and the "Rings on THeir Ears" book, hopefully it's worth the $20?

Lynn

I won the last batch of these- got 18 in the mail, with lovely packaging and not one cracked egg! On day 10 it looks like 75%+ of them have live embryos! I'm tempted to bid again on this batch!

Genevieve, I am glad you are happy! I hope you get a great hatch! Thank you for posting here and letting me know!

Oh, I've been outbid! DRAT! But truthfully, I'm half glad because here in Ohio, it's going to be cold soon, and it's not the best time to raise new chicks.........I do love love love those Araucanas, and those pictures were just beautiful!

Maybe one of these days, Ray_n_Debi.........one of these days............

Beautiful chickens!

Sharon

Thank you chicmom! I love my South Carolina weather! I used to live in NY and I don't miss the snow! Hoping you have a mild winter. Last year was brutal for most areas.

Back
Top Bottom