10 Very Rare Barred Holland Chics

GracieMae

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
Barnesville
This is a very rare oportunity to aquire 10 Barred Holland chics. These birds are a excellant commodity to start new flock with. The Barred Hollands are on the endangered species list, making them very hard to find. These are not hatchery birds, I purchased my flock from a private breeder. I won't offer but a couple of auctions on these irds, so don't miss out. I will ship Jan 11 when the chics are two wks old with a heat pad. My farm is NPIP certified Ga 1094. Payment is due within 24 hrs of auctions end. Shipping will be 45.00 for express. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas.

Very cool! You wouldn't be willing to meet in Atlanta this weekend if I win would you? Have any idea if the White Holland exists anywhere?

Hi there! I am going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Tues. We could arrange to meet somewhere if you win. I have not been able to find any whites either. They are ultra rare... Thanks for your interest

From the breeds page it appears the holland is a white egg layer. Barred rocks lay brown.
I was wondering the same thing as they look pretty close to hatchery barred rocks.
May be other differences but that's all I've found.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just put in the description that they are not hatchery birds. Pls don't insult my intelligence.

Time Left : Closed
Start Time : May. 10, 2011 22:22:16
End Time : May. 15, 2011 20:00:00

Winner(s) - chickenmawmaw (6) Verified Seller
Seller: poconofarmchickens [ Open Message Board ]
The auction is being watched by 1 users

Seller Information
poconofarmchickens (40) Verified Seller View Member Profile
Registered since Jun. 19, 2010
in United States

Reputation Rating 100.00%
View Reputation

Description
Another super rare Heritage breed, the beautiful Barred Holland. Very popular bird around the times of the Great Depression. Dual purpose bird, that lays a white medium sized egg. The Hollands are able to forage for most of their food! The ALBC says they are almost extinct, meaning fewer than 5 flocks in the entire US. One time auction, great opportunity for rare breed collectors.

Low starting bid. Happy Bidding & Good luck! Only time I will offer the Hollands all year.

We use brand new HORIZON BOXES. Shipping costs via USPS EXPRESS is $55 to the lower 48 States. Delivery confirmation is included. We do not ship internationally and do no make money off of shipping. Local pick up is available and always preferred. Inquire via email.

Sorry Gracie didn't mean to offend was just making a comparison to barred rocks.

Never intended to insinuate that your birds were hatchery stock and don't believe that I did.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks , and sorry that I took it the wrong way, but hey its cleared up now! Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Very pretty! They look nothing at all like hatchery barred rocks, imo! Those usually have very thick uneven barring, not the very fine barring your birds have!

Back
Top Bottom