10 week old Rouens-help with sexing??

kitten32669

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
Hi there! I have two ten week old Rouens that I've been anxiously watching to see what I have! This morning I noticed one has these gorgeous mahogany feathers on its chest, so I'm pretty sure I have at least one drake. The other has me really confused though! I'm not seeing the mahogany, but I am seeing green on the head, but it's overall more tan/brown than the other so I've tended to believe it's a hen. Any opinions?? Thank you!

Ps- please excuse the mess, I'd just changed out their water! :)

So I went out today and it appears I have two drakes :) the other must just be a few days younger, but he is starting to get that beautiful mahogany as well and the white band around his neck. I'll be sure to get new pictures in the morning!

Here are the new pictures, as promised! My boys have been named Gaston and Le'Fou :) I have also ordered two female Rouens and can't wait for them to arrive!! Enjoy!

Here are the new pictures, as promised! My boys have been named Gaston and Le'Fou :) I have also ordered two female Rouens and can't wait for them to arrive!! Enjoy!

So pretty! Any chance you can get more than just 2 females? 1:1 is not a very good ratio and 2:2 is really hard on females. Usually you need 3 or more females per drake.

Lol, I love it you answered your own question!! I agree by the way, two drakes!! I hope they enjoy the girls!!

Back
Top Bottom