10 week old stumbling

Ellauk3

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2020
He’s no better. Still falling around today. I’m not sure the vitamins are going to do it if I’m honest. Has anyone successfully saved a duck presenting in the way Odie is? I’m starting to wonder if I am doing the wrong thing trying to keep him alive and that breaks my heart but he has no quality of life at the moment. Never thought I would ever say that!

Isaac 0

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
He’s no better. Still falling around today. I’m not sure the vitamins are going to do it if I’m honest. Has anyone successfully saved a duck presenting in the way Odie is? I’m starting to wonder if I am doing the wrong thing trying to keep him alive and that breaks my heart but he has no quality of life at the moment. Never thought I would ever say that!
Whatever you want to do with him, I'll support your decision, but I've seen and cared for birds similar to yours, and some progressively got worse, others got better. The problem here is for a noticeable improvement it may take a few more weeks, we just don't know.

Have you started him on vitamin E? That would be my suggestion, as well as the thiamine, and keep him on that for another week just to see how he does. I don't know how experienced your vet is, but they should be able to test for several other conditions if that didn't work.

Top Bottom