10 weeks old Silky Chick sick

Lujangut

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2023
Hi all!

I have two silkies that are about 10 weeks old. One of them appears to be lethargic and it’s not eating or drinking much. She’s all puffed up in a corner.
I did some research and she seems to be having Coccidiosis symptoms. I’ve noticed this 2/3 days ago.

I’ve ordered Corid to treat her and my other chick, and I am giving them some apple cider vinegar water to try to at least stop the spread of the parasites.
My question is: if she doesn’t appear to drink or eat much, should I administer it myself to make sure she’s taking it?

I’ve also ordered some purina medicated starter which is also arriving tomorrow.

If any of you have any other tips to help me keep her comfortable, I would very much appreciate it!

I am hoping she will be recovering from this 😭

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 139
Hi all!

I have two silkies that are about 10 weeks old. One of them appears to be lethargic and it’s not eating or drinking much. She’s all puffed up in a corner.
I did some research and she seems to be having Coccidiosis symptoms. I’ve noticed this 2/3 days ago.

I’ve ordered Corid to treat her and my other chick, and I am giving them some apple cider vinegar water to try to at least stop the spread of the parasites.
My question is: if she doesn’t appear to drink or eat much, should I administer it myself to make sure she’s taking it?

I’ve also ordered some purina medicated starter which is also arriving tomorrow.

If any of you have any other tips to help me keep her comfortable, I would very much appreciate it!

I am hoping she will be recovering from this 😭
Awe, so sorry to hear.

I'd put it in their water as the only source of water. If she doesn't seem to be drinking it, you can give her some with an eyedropper on the side of her beak.

Don't give them medicated starter while on Corid as they both contain the same thing, amprolium, and it could be too much for their system.

After the Corid, I'd give probiotics as that will help the diarrhea they may get from it, and vitamins for a couple of weeks.

Awe, so sorry to hear.

I'd put it in their water as the only source of water. If she doesn't seem to be drinking it, you can give her some with an eyedropper on the side of her beak.

Don't give them medicated starter while on Corid as they both contain the same thing, amprolium, and it could be too much for their system.

After the Corid, I'd give probiotics as that will help the diarrhea they may get from it, and vitamins for a couple of weeks.
Thank you so much!

I’ve been giving her the apple cider vinegar water with eyedropper to make sure she’s getting some liquids at least. Her poop seems to be quite bloody - I can’t wait for her to be better 💔

How long after I stop corid should I start the medicated starter? Should I let their stomachs settle again for about a week before I start?

Thank you so much again

Thank you so much!

I’ve been giving her the apple cider vinegar water with eyedropper to make sure she’s getting some liquids at least. Her poop seems to be quite bloody - I can’t wait for her to be better 💔

How long after I stop corid should I start the medicated starter? Should I let their stomachs settle again for about a week before I start?

Thank you so much again
Yes, I personally would take a week off after Corid and give them the probiotics and vitamin water.

Gosh I hope she hangs on until the Corid comes.

Back
Top Bottom