100% hatch from broody!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginasmarans, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I knew her day was getting close,but I did not know the exact date(I forgot to mark them). Yesterday afternoon I went to check her and little heads popped out from under her. I needed to move her to a different pen,so I lifted her up to see how she was doing and there were no more eggs,just shells! I have 9 cutie pie marans chicks. This hen is a mixed marans hen. These girls have been broody troopers. I have had 4 purebreeds to go broody this year and 1 mixed marans,plus I have a mixed manrans going broody. My white leghorn hen is due to begin hatching her eggs tomorrow. Whew! I need more pens.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Congrats!

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That is great! I hope my broody has a good hatch this week, i'm nervous because of the heat.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

congrats. My broody call duck hen just hatched 8 out of 8 of her eggs, about 2 weeks ago.

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    It is amazing how mother nature is so much better at incubation and hatching than we are! [​IMG] We buy all the tools of the trade to try to beat her and still fail. [​IMG] In fact we dont even compare. [​IMG] I just noticed the first pip on 17 Dominique eggs in my bator.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  6. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    congratulations on the babies! awwww

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I know around here sara the hens job is to air condition the eggs not keep them warm its burining AHHHHHH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by