1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

100% hatch from broody!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginasmarans, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Songster

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I knew her day was getting close,but I did not know the exact date(I forgot to mark them). Yesterday afternoon I went to check her and little heads popped out from under her. I needed to move her to a different pen,so I lifted her up to see how she was doing and there were no more eggs,just shells! I have 9 cutie pie marans chicks. This hen is a mixed marans hen. These girls have been broody troopers. I have had 4 purebreeds to go broody this year and 1 mixed marans,plus I have a mixed manrans going broody. My white leghorn hen is due to begin hatching her eggs tomorrow. Whew! I need more pens.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Congrats!

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That is great! I hope my broody has a good hatch this week, i'm nervous because of the heat.

4. congrats. My broody call duck hen just hatched 8 out of 8 of her eggs, about 2 weeks ago.

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Songster

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    It is amazing how mother nature is so much better at incubation and hatching than we are! [​IMG] We buy all the tools of the trade to try to beat her and still fail. [​IMG] In fact we dont even compare. [​IMG] I just noticed the first pip on 17 Dominique eggs in my bator.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  6. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Songster

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    congratulations on the babies! awwww

7. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I know around here sara the hens job is to air condition the eggs not keep them warm its burining AHHHHHH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by