100% Hatch rate!!

SHELLY

Songster
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Southwest Missouri
I got a Little Giant incubator for Christmas. I cleaned it, set it up with the automatic egg turner Hubby gave me, regulated the temp and put all the eggs my girls layed that day in by 9:30 pm. Eleven eggs went in Christmas day.
smile.png

Saturday I took out the egg turner. That evening we could hear chirpping from inside the eggs. I was so excited. I had tried candling them a couple of times but couldn't really tell anything.

Monday morning two eggs had pipped. Little cracked holes in the shell and I had to go to work. When I got home 10 hours later I had four chicks!
jumpy.gif

I sat by that incubator for the next three hours. Kids had to find their own supper. Hubby ate PBJ sandwiches. I watched until 11:30 and had four more hatch before I went to bed.

Tuesday morning another hatched before my very eyes. The last two were pipped and I had to go to work. My son called to let me know the other two have hatched!!
jumpy.gif

All eleven hatched on my very first ever try. It has to be beginners luck ot my roosters are very dutiful! I'm so happy!
hatched1-14-08.jpg

BABYS.jpg

Last edited:
Terrific! Going to work and knowing eggs were hatching must have made it the longest work day ever. I'm really happy you had a great hatch.
D.gif

Soooo envious is not even to begin what I want to say!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

Ohh please send your 100% hatching vibes my way! My little ones are due on Saturday!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom