100% hatch rate!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PrestonSloan08, Aug 5, 2011.

1. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    I just got my first 100% hatch!!! Yes!!!! I was goingto throw the eggs away today because they are a whole week late!!! I swear!! I put 5 quail eggs in my little giant incubator and 3 hatched last friday on their hatch day! But today the other two hatched!! I'm so excited!! So for now on I will leave my eggs a full extra week!!! Haha this was my first 100% hatch!! And everybody told me the reason was because my incubator wasn't good enough!! But I think it was because I have been using shipped eggs!! And these were from my own eggs!!

2. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on the hatch and for your patience! Those chicks are indebted to you. [​IMG]

3. PrestonSloan08

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Yea I haven't seem them yet!! I'm on vacation:( but I got my dad to take care of everything and he just called and told me about them!!! But sadly even though the other three did hatch on their date, on died 2 days ago!! I don't know why though!!

4. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh no! Sorry to hear about that little one. Sometimes they are the weaker and nature takes care of it.

Guess Grandpa gets some credit for the hatch rate! What a nice home coming you'll have...chickies!! [​IMG]

5. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Horray!! Congrats on your patience. A good lesson for us all; thanks for sharing. Enjoy your vaca!

6. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    Wow! That is very interesting when thinking about incubation and the factors that affect it. I wonder if those two eggs may have somehow been cooler then the others... it doesnt seem likely though since they are quail eggs and there were only 5! Congrats on the great hatch!!!

7. PrestonSloan08

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Yes!! I am so glad that they hatched today!! Because the reason he went down to the incubator was because I told him to throw those eggs out!! But yea for now on I will leave the eggs a week late!!

8. PrestonSloan08

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Haha and now my dad just called me and told me one of my sebrights hatched a day early!! Haha this was a surprise vacation so al my hatches just happined to be right in the middle of it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by