100 + meat birds

patimekiller

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Nw pennsylvania
New to this site .I have raised meat birds for 3 years now and I just found this site.

I am currently 2 weeks in on 100+ Cornish x this Sunday. getting ready to put them in the grazing pens I built for them this year. I will try to post some pics of the pens and the chicks as they get bigger. Any one ever build a scalder out of a old hot water ( electric) heater? Also where is the cheapest plucker fingers . Thanks for the help.

welcome-byc.gif

100 Birds ...Wow. I assume you are selling them. I have seen a bunch of plucker fingers on ebay and a few other sites fairly cheap, but are you goiing to build the plucker yourself?? How many birds did you raise in the past? Sorry to pick your brain... Did my first 6 Cornish x a few months back, and I am going to try to convince wife to let me do a coupkle dozen to last the winter...

im working on converting a gas water heater.... there was another person on the site that has some pics of there setup...

for plucker fingers... ive heard low as 55cent but avg was .80 to 1.00 each with shipping.

i got mine from Kenrick ...125 for $99 shipping included

First year I raised 25 cxrocks and 12 black sex link hen. All 25 for my self.
Second year started with 70 cxrocks did not sell any Some to my inlaws , mother, sister
this year I have lost my brain durring ordering but yes I am gonna try and sell a few for just a little more than what I have in them. When I raise them in the past I think I raised em to around 5 6 lbs for 7 8 bucks a piece. I didn't keep good notes then. This year I have a folder that all my feed slips are going in.

Back
Top Bottom