100% on ebay shipped eggs, finally!

shannondee12

Songster
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
Left Hand, WV
I have purchased numerous eggs from ebay and have had descent hatch rates, usually around 50%. I wanted more ducks so the hubby purchased a dozen eggs for me for Valentines day. 12 crested BBS swedish. When I got them in the mail, the packaging was the worst I had ever received as far as shipped eggs go. The eggs were in a cardboard carton with newspaper around it. The newspaper had all settled to the bottom of the box so it had no side protection. I took them out and candled, all had loose air cells. I was dissappointed but after some research on BYC, I figured out out to handle this attempted incubation. I hate to count my ducklings before they hatch but I am now on day 20 and have 100% developing! Wheather the stars have aligned just right, or Mercury is in retrograde or it is because of my incubation process and knowledge, either way I will take it. I have never had even 75% make it to day 20. I am so excited about these little buggers, I can already tell they are going to amazing. Now I am off to email the shipper of the eggs and apologize for my first email regarding her packaging techniques.

Back
Top Bottom