100 Pictures of Our Flocks: A Community Picture Project

Play Time Play Time Explosive molt, literally happened over night. Sorry about the egg photo, didn't know about the March thing. These were all taken today.
I FINALLY GOT PICS!!!! :D #37 prettiest egg basket #86 digging deeper! #95 pretty lady #70 one old bird, and that she is! 3-3 1/2 yrs old! she may look young but she's part banty. ( she's also an attention hog even though she loves me!) she's one of my fave hens and her name is clementine! these were all taken march 29.
Sunbathing 45. a smart bird Dustbathing
70. One old bird - Going on 7!! 57. A Special Delivery :love I thought it fit because it's a new baby and storks deliver babies... Just in case it wasn't clear! :)
a bird's point of view (forgot the number!) and i'm not completely sure if a setting hen was on the list, but if it was then this is one. she IS broody, and she has been laying for 2 days! APRIL 18, HERE I COME! :celebrate :weee
#72 bird prints
# 77 Windswept birds....
#89 going away
These are all accepted! :D EDIT: Didn't think about it; Aoxa, if you don't mind, could you explain why Margaret is a smart bird? :) Also, your dustbathing picture I am putting under 86. digging deep. Let me know if you'd rather see it elsewhere.
#19 little dinos! #4 WATTLE ACTION!!!!! #17 cuteness! :jumpy #6 fuzzy butts #96 a HANDSOME man! #68 man of the flock (also wattles in action when looked at closely! :lau )
82. a … what in the world? Close up Close up 20. a proud pose
95. A Pretty Lady
#83. Fluffing it out
200x200px-ZC-c680d549_76085_puffed.jpeg
# 90. Wings out
200x200px-ZC-76821fa8_IMG_20130323_230315.jpeg
#14 a show off! :gig
A Bird's Eye View. From a chick's view, anyway!!
drinking eating drinking
We're all full on little dinosaurs, cutness, fuzzy butts, handsome men, men of the flock, what in the worlds, close-ups, proud poses, fluffing it out, wings out, and show-offs. Also, as of the accepted pictures above, we're all full on pretty ladies and birds' points of view. EDIT: Okay, I need to wake up before doing this. :lol: We're also full on eating and drinking, and wattle action, apparently.
Preening - I don't see it as a category, but it should be one! :p
Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of things I wish I'd put themes for. :lol: Oh, well.
#42 A cool summer snack
ETA: Accepted
#16 best friends
Rejected, taken before March 1, 2013.

Last edited:
As of this post, we are ALL FULL for the following themes:

2. what birds do in the snow

3. a wet bird

4. wattle action

5. a broody glare

6. fuzzy butts

8. new additions

11. naughty birds

14. a show-off

16. best friends

17. cuteness!

18. sunbathing birds

19. little dinosaurs

20. a proud pose

22. a close-up

23. spoiled birds

24. a house chicken

27. camouflage in action

28. colorful birds

30. birdy peek-a-boo!

32. roost buddies

39. a mixed flock

40. new life

44. a show of love

51. interesting interactions

56. searching for worms

61. a caption-worthy shot

62. sisters

68. the man of the flock

75. a classy portrait

78. a bird's point of view

79. a flower portrait

82. a ... what in the world?

83. fluffing it out

84. a community dustbath

85. eating and drinking

86. digging deep

90. wings out

94. a really BIG egg

95. a pretty lady

96. a handsome man

97. ZOMBIES

98. the stinkiest stink-eye

99. the cutest stink-eye

100. the 100th picture in the project!

These are the themes that have not been checked yet:

15. a hen-squat

29. seasonal colors

35. insanity!

42. a cool summer snack

55. ruffled feathers

58. when it's too hot to free range

59. a beautiful egg

64. a family

92. the egg song in action

Remember that all pictures must be taken on or after
March 1, 2013.

I don't expect some of these themes to be checked any time soon.​

We also need more entries to 37. the prettiest egg basket, 46. the cutest babies, 47. the cutest girlies, and 48. the cutest boys so that I can start up the voting for them. :)

There are other themes that are still open for entries as well, so refer to the above for which themes are no longer open for submissions.

Folks, since being featured on the front page, the activity of this thread has EXPLODED! To put it simply, I need help!

I'm looking for one person that would be willing to accept or reject pictures, move them over to the 100 Pictures of Our Flocks page, and check off the checklist as they go. I would prefer if you've been on BYC for a while or have a lot of posts at least.

Please PM me if you are interested--DON'T POST HERE--and I will see what I think. Since the project is nearly complete already, I'm only going to accept one person, so don't be insulted if I turn you down!

Anyone skipped, please look at the first post and pick out themes for your pictures, then repost them! Thanks!
smile.png

All of these are accepted!
big_smile.png

No problem.
smile.png
She does kind of have that 'Charlie Brown' look going on.
lol.png
Accepted!
Okay, thanks for letting me know!
smile.png
I will go back and edit my post to say accepted. Wow, they have a strong family resemblance! Love their names.
wink.png

We're all full on broody glares, close-ups, community dustbaths, mixed flocks, wings out, stinky stink-eyes, and really BIG eggs. Also, as of post #384, we're all full on proud poses and as of post #389, we're all full on 'what in the world's.
Rejected; taken before March 1, 2013.
sorry i forgot when i posted it.

O.K The egg song in action is really hard to take a picture of but here is the best I could do.

Well She started it.

and these 2 joined in. The one on the left was clucking about 4- 5 times then the one on the right let out the final loud cluck. It was so funny. They did this for about 15 mins straight.

Back
Top Bottom