100% Sexing from Cackle Hatchery!!!

Leah

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 14, 2008
Central Missouri
In light of all of the discussion circulating about Cackle Hatchery, I just wanted to share my own positive experience with them.
smile.png

This past spring, I ordered 30 silver-laced and gold-laced Wyandottes from Cackle (11 hens and 4 cockerels of each variety). They arrived June 2nd, healthy, happy, and very energetic, with each of the cockerels marked on the head to tell them from the hens. One SL cockerel was dead on arrival, but Cackle had included an extra chick in the box, so I still had my 30 Wyandottes.

The chicks grew like crazy, and moved from the brooder inside, to the small rearing pen, and finally to the new coop and large run. They are now fully feathered and gorgeous. I am very impressed with the coloring and lacing of the birds and their overall body type. The roosters are crowing and the hens should (hopefully) be laying soon.

I had expected that I would end up with a few more cockerels then I had specified, just from what I know about sexing day-olds, but I ended up with exactly what I ordered. And even better than that, the extra chick that Cackle included was a hen!

Anyway, I just wanted to post a good review for Cackle. I was very pleased with them, and their chicks, and I would not hesitate to do business with them again!

Leah

I too was very pleased with Cackle. We ordered 15 RIR pullets and 5 cockerels that arrived (all alive) the end of August. They sent an extra, and from what I can tell so far, they sent a pullet! They are now happily in their coop and doing great! I was also very pleased to get them in one day!

I ordered straight run chicks this year and 5 turkeys. The day after I ordered, I cancelled the order. To be sure that it was cancelled, I called and they said they would be sure it was cancelled.

The chicks arrived anyway and it was during a power outage. One of the turkeys was dead and another died a few weeks later.

Of the 10 chickens I ordered, 8 were roosters. Of the turkeys that survived all were hens.

I wasn't terribly happy with Cackle.

We didnt order chickens but we did order ducks,geese and turkeys. The were all sexed correctly. one turkey 9a royal palm hen) arrived smaller than the rest and didn't make it. Cackle immediately credited my account for it. The geese and ducks have grown and are beautiful. We ordered broad breated turkeys and they grew very large. Tipped the scales at 30lbs cleaned. We also ordered Royal Palms and we still have him. hes large and incharge. I was very happy with Cackle Hatchery.

Me too 100 percent on the sexing , ordered 15 hens and 1 roo and thats what I got plus a bonus hen ! I too figured I'd get extra males as booboos or at least that " extra " would be a roo , but nope, they were spot on !!

I was happy with Cackle too. One of my pullets did turn out to be a roo, but the extra EE chick they gave me was a pullet, so I guess it evened itself out. Overall happy and would order again.

Glad to hear all the good reports. When ordering in the spring, it always is best to wait for at least generally mild weather.

I've thought about using cackle in some future orders, glad you were all happy customers.
th.gif

bigzio

I also orderd from cackle, 15 sexlink pullets and 5 straight run Brahmas. All arrived in great condition and an extra sexlink pullet. They all look great, nicest hens ive had and the Brahmas look awesome.

Back
Top Bottom