11-12 week old Crested Cream Legbar Pictures Please

So now I'm wondering if i mixed them up at some point. Either way, this is Luna Petunia, Freddy's hatchmate. This bird has a little more color to its face. Pullet or cockerel?
Do Freddy or Luna Petunia look to be mixed CCL or full CCL?

Thank you all so much for your time and knowledge. I really appreciate it.

View attachment 2392094
Wow! She's beautiful. You're a very lucky person now! Lol
Both gorgeous pullets. Luna Petunia is stunning.

Both of the CLs look female to me as well. If they're mixed, they sure came out with legbar characteristics. Pretty birds. They're our favorite breed.

Just as another reference, here are a couple photos of our CL male when he was a little younger than yours. Other than the red comb, the barring is the big giveaway. They're typically sexable at hatch but there are occasionally surprises. So it does happen, no biggie if originally thought one was a boy. Breeders would say not to breed the ones that weren't sexable but not a worry for a back yard flock.

Enjoy them! They are awesome birds.
20201029_224530.jpg
20201029_224620.jpg

Thank you all so much for your time and knowledge. This has really helped. It makes sense that Freddy should not be bred because @MGG and i both thought the coloring implied cockerel. I'll try to find the pic taken when Freddy was a day old. If i find a pure CCL cockerel to breed with, I'll make sure that I separate Luna Petunia until eggs to be hatched are collected, unless I can tell the difference in their eggs. Thanks again for everything!

Here are pics of my two CCL mixed with BCM's roosters. They're both 17 months old and why i fell in love with CCL's. They both ended up with Marans traits, lightly feathered legs and feet. One of them (the only super sweet guy) has white skin unfortunately. The other one with yellow skin, Pete, is really human aggressive.
20201030_163715.jpg

20201030_165350.jpg

Attachments

• 20201030_163715.jpg
    20201030_163715.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 2
I've been convinced that Freddy was a cockerel until yesterday. I thought that "he" was maturing extremely slow and "he" started this voice that sounds like a baby whining that I've only heard from pullets (which i know is unreliable for gender) so i looked Freddy over really well and thought the feathering (hackles and saddles) didn't look right for a cockerel. Poor little girl. Looking back, she's been very feminine, even as a chick. Remember how "motherly" she was anytime i added new chicks? @MGG

I've been convinced that Freddy was a cockerel until yesterday. I thought that "he" was maturing extremely slow and "he" started this voice that sounds like a baby whining that I've only heard from pullets (which i know is unreliable for gender) so i looked Freddy over really well and thought the feathering (hackles and saddles) didn't look right for a cockerel. Poor little girl. Looking back, she's been very feminine, even as a chick. Remember how "motherly" she was anytime i added new chicks? @MGG
I do! You're welcome. They were so adorable. I love chickies. Yeah. Freddy is definitely a "Fredina" or something like that, lol! She's gorgeous. I'm sure you'll love those pullets. CCLs are awesome birds. Maybe she'll go broody and have babies someday! Lol

I realize this is from 2020 but I purchased 4 CCL's 3 with dark chipmunk stripes and one with no stripes hoping for a Roo. Well they're 11weeks old and the one I thought was a Roo hasn't crowed yet. Can you tell from this photo if I have a Roo?
Thanks in advance 😊

Attachments

• 20230704_173740.jpg
    20230704_173740.jpg
    890.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom