11-12 week olds need help please

Amm777

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 5, 2012
Hi Everyone
I have a few questions #1 These are RIR crosses, but crossed with what (notice leg colour difference)??? #2 what sex are they??

I think the top two are boys and the bottom two are girls. Am I right or am I wrong????

Question #3 Now these two, are they black sex links or barred rocks and?? These ones have me confused because no one is showing signs of being boys (if they are black sex links the barred would be boys right?)

Yep, top two are boys, bottom two are girls.

Hi Everyone
I have a few questions #1 These are RIR crosses, but crossed with what (notice leg colour difference)??? #2 what sex are they??

I think the top two are boys and the bottom two are girls. Am I right or am I wrong????

Question #3 Now these two, are they black sex links or barred rocks and?? These ones have me confused because no one is showing signs of being boys (if they are black sex links the barred would be boys right?)

Looks like both are girls to me!

When you cross breed, birds with the same parents can have different characteristics. I don't know what your top birds were crossed with, probably something with silver coloring. You're right, two boys and two girls.
The basically black bird looks like a black sex link pullet.
The black and white barred bird looks like a barred rock pullet.

If I had to guess, I'd say your top birds are not RIR crosses, but rather Red SL crosses with a White Laced Cornish. The genetics are hopscotching around too much for two pure birds to be the parents. But one parent was definitely Cornish.

The first two reds are roos, the second two reds are hens. The bottom two are a Black SL hen, and a Barred Rock hen

Last edited:
If I had to guess, I'd say your top birds are not RIR crosses, but rather Red SL crosses with a White Laced Cornish. The genetics are hopscotching around too much for two pure birds to be the parents. But one parent was definitely Cornish.

The first two reds are roos, the second two reds are hens. The bottom two are a Black SL hen, and a Barred Rock hen
I was looking at the head on that first roo, trying to think what it reminded me of. Cornish! Thank you!

I'd love to see a pic of that first roo if/when he grows up. He looks like he'll make a stunning roo!

I was looking at the head on that first roo, trying to think what it reminded me of. Cornish! Thank you!

I'd love to see a pic of that first roo if/when he grows up. He looks like he'll make a stunning roo!

It took me a bit because of the lack of elephant legs, glad I could help though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom