11 week old EE a roo?

brahmamomma

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 19, 2012

im thinking my sweet Olive should be called Oliver :/
what do you guys think?
p.s. is this even a EE?

here's a better look at that tail :) i dont have any ordinances against roos, but i guess its just a matter of him/her remaining sweet!!

well thats good news :) i have a buff thats questionable as well, but he/she is at the top of pic, ill have to get a full body shot of him/her and post it soon. he looks like hes got thin saddle feathers. i got these as chicks and drove 3 hrs because they could 90% guarantee they were pullets.....how the heck do you 90% guarantee anything? hahaha

well thats good news :) i have a buff thats questionable as well, but he/she is at the top of pic, ill have to get a full body shot of him/her and post it soon. he looks like hes got thin saddle feathers. i got these as chicks and drove 3 hrs because they could 90% guarantee they were pullets.....how the heck do you 90% guarantee anything? hahaha
Nice little Brahmas, can never have too many of those! They'll mix up great with Oliver!

I got a book on vent sexing with loads of pictures. Most chicks are easy but there's about 10-20% whose little bitty parts in the vent (at one day old) don't look like boy or girl so its a bit of a crap shoot guessing which way they'll go. Appraently the guesses get better as you get more experienced, but if the parts are genderless then it really is all about honing your intuition for those ones. I think the really good sexers will get up to 95%.

Back
Top Bottom