12+ BLRW - stellar bloodlines - LAST CHANCE SALE for 2012! TWO SHIPMENTS LEFT!

Hi, I can't send more pm's today. I think my shipping address should show up on my paypal acct. If not, please email me so I can email it back to you :)

I can send out another shipment on Saturday or, at the latest, Monday, for this sale. Are you interested?

I candled some blrw eggs I bought of eBay out of 28 egg only 13 are good the other 15 are clear show no sign of fertility at all. Is this normal I threw 6 cochin bantam eggs they are first time layers and cockerel and pullet and there all good of my own. I've had this incubator for 30 years and I know it's not it. So sorry trying to decide if I want to try this again it gets pricey for only a few to hatch and I want some show quality birds.

I candled some blrw eggs I bought of eBay out of 28 egg only 13 are good the other 15 are clear show no sign of fertility at all. Is this normal I threw 6 cochin bantam eggs they are first time layers and cockerel and pullet and there all good of my own. I've had this incubator for 30 years and I know it's not it. So sorry trying to decide if I want to try this again it gets pricey for only a few to hatch and I want some show quality birds.

Well, most sellers would consider that you have a nearly 50% development rate to be pretty good. Some try for more (I'd love for my buyers to consistently get 75%), others frequently get less. Hatching shipped eggs is risky - even hardy, fertile eggs can be damaged quickly by being shaken, exposed to extreme temps and x-rayed by the post office. More fragile eggs (which wyandotte eggs seem to be), often don't do even that well. I ended up getting chicks from the sellers whose bloodlines I wanted to ensure that I got live birds in the end, rather than rotten eggs (nothing against the sellers - I just got tired of getting poor hatches consistently last year, no matter who I bought from).

Unfortunately...it's very, very easy to lose money buying hatching eggs. You will spend a LOT of money just to get a few (nice) birds.

Back
Top Bottom