12 hr old chick question(Need help)PICS

LuvMyPeeps7

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 22, 2010
Lexington
Last night was day 22 so I guess he was a late hatcher, cant stand up just keeps flopping to right side, Legs look strieght but his neck is a little off, I searched on here for and answere but couldnt find a definant one. If it is crooked neck how do i fix? I want to keep this little guy.

Last edited:
Can you post a picture? That might help. It could be that he's just weak from hatching. I've had them hatch and lay there like the dead for a few hours then suddenly they stand up and they're fine. You never know. How was your temp for hatch? did others hatch also, or was he the only one?

Temp was 99.5-99.8 I have 3 others that hatched fine. Will post pic in a few, His wing also looks a little messed up also.

Sometimes a late hatch may be oddly stressed/shaped due to severe crowding. I'd give him a day and see what he looks like tomorrow. If the neck is terrible, it may be osteo or it may be deficiency in vitamins-using vitamins in the water is a good start.

After looking at pics myself it looks like maybe he may have a broken wing or something wrong with it? I'm lost maybe these pics will help someone help me. I feel bad for him he wants to get up so bad but just keeps flopping over.
66032_badchick9_085.jpg

66032_badchick9_066.jpg

66032_badchick9_065.jpg

I have to feed him and give him water. He is still on his side. I can tell it is his neck but dont know how to fix it. He was my only roo with this hatch of sexlinks. He is getting V&E in his water also.

Whats the status of this chick?

How did it turn out?

I have one that is doing the same thing... it was born this morning at 2 am and stands up, sways a little and then flops over.

Never had chicks before and I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

Back
Top Bottom