12+ LF (Standard) Polish Hatching Eggs- Tolbunt, Gold Lace/Buff Lace, Silver Lace and WC BBS/ WC Cuc

eeyore75

Songster
8 Years
May 6, 2011
Nashville, MI
We have several pens of LF polish that have hatching eggs available, pm me for availability- I have eggs I'm buying and putting in the bator and a bunch of my own- so bater keeps filling up!!! Likely will have at least a dozen of each of these pens available each week for awhile (hens can help pay for their coop renovations and feed!!)

Added per egg price for those who want a few from each pen to make their dozen :)

Gold Lace/ Buff Laced pen-
1 frizzled gold lace rooster & 1 smooth gold lace rooster (both split to tolbunt) covering several gold lace hens (all but 1 are split to tolbunt) and 2 buff lace hens (1 split to tolbunt, 1 not a split).

You are ABLE to get Gold Lace, Buff Lace and/or Tolbunt from these eggs.
When 2 birds split to tolbunt breed the offspring ratio LIKELY to be conceived is: 50% Laced (Gold or Buff from this pen) split to tolbunt, 25% Laced NOT split to tolbunt, and 25% tolbunt. This only means there is a good chance of having a tolbunt or more hatch out- but a great chance of having gold lace (and maybe a few buff lace) that are split to tolbunt to use in a breeding program with them.

We have been getting mostly Gold Lace- with a few Buff Lace and a few Tolbunt from this pen out of EACH hatch here- but we have been setting a dozen & a half or more eggs at a time.

Tolbunt Pen-
2 smooth roosters covering many smooth & frizzled tolbunt hens. There are ONLY TOLBUNTS IN THIS PEN- no other colors! Tolbunt is my favorite color in polish- they are beautiful birds!! I got my first tolbunts a few years ago and have been working on continuing to broaden their gene pool by bringing at least 2 batches of new stock every year from other breeders who outcross with gold lace polish as well. My current breeding pen has birds from and/or out of: Parker, Green Acre (NOT Greenfire), and Dancing Hen (strong Bare Necessities line) lines- many that had gold lace bred in to improve the type and broaden the genepool (tolbunts have a limited gene pool) . Off color chicks are rare- but can happen.

WC black/ WC blue/ WC cuckoo pen - not available until spring
- rotated out breeders for younger better quality keepers

2 WC black & 1 WC Blue roosters over WC black, WC Blue, WC cuckoo hens and 2 blue frizzle hens

all WC black & WC blue hens are non bearded. However the WC cuckoo hens are bearded (the breeder I got the WC Cuckoo roosters that produced them was working on bearded cuckoos)
I expect to get both bearded and non bearded chicks from this pen come spring.

Silver Laced pen- not available until spring

2 smooth rooster covering 6 smooth hens

These guys are still coming of age (sent off grumpy older cockerel)

SHIPPING & HANDLING COSTS:
$15 for up to two dozen, $20 for up to 4 dozen

Some feedback on a couple shipments sent out this year:

#1 - 24 tolbunt eggs, 12 gold lace split to tolbunt eggs (she is using a cabinet incy- I believe a sportsmen)
"Candled today, 3 had no development 4 early quit- all of those had badly damaged air cells. Everyone else is going strong. I am worried about hatch because a lot of air cells are damaged. The PO probably played soccer with the box... I would brag about your excellent fertility and viability though!!! I bet it is 100%!!

#2 - 3 tolbunt eggs, 3 gold lace split to tolbunt eggs (she is using a little fancy 6-7 egg incy)
"Hi, I wanted to let you I candled today and the tulbunt and gold lace look really good."

#3 - 15 WC Polish pen eggs (not sure of incy):
"Only had 4 not developing I'm happy :)"

#4 - (bought 6 (+2 free) tolbunt eggs) (not sure of the incy)
"Set 8 eggs and hatched out 7 chicks- awesome!! Thank you!!"

We've sent out close to 50 boxes this year of different breeds and/or polish varieties- not all the feed back is listed (honestly most people never let me know even if I message to ask- I've gotten messages from maybe 20 people tops), and not everyone has had great hatches- but most have gotten really good ones!!

Fertility has been at or near 100% so far this year (cause we have too many roosters....)- we do incubate eggs from our pens at least every 3-4 weeks so we know what the fertility rate is in average before shipping. Remember shipped eggs are a gamble- you may get a really great hatch- or a really crappy one depending on several issues listed below.

Eggs will be packaged well- will only send "clean" yet unwashed eggs, but can not guarantee how the post office will treat them/ buyers incubating skills/ incubator working properly, etc- so- hatch rate and egg condition on arrival is not in my hands- NO GUARANTEES.

BUT- please pm me if you have any issues on arrival of eggs, and please PM me to let me know how the hatch goes!!!

PLEASE DO NOT STEAL MY PICTURES!!!!!

ALL PHOTOS SHOWN ARE OF OUR BIRDS (I TOOK THESE PICS!!) - EITHER AS BIRDS THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN THE BREEDING PENS OR THEIR PARENTS THAT WE OWN/OWNED!!

Last edited:
Of course!
Tolbunt eggs are $10 each with every 6th egg free- so $50 for 6, $100 for a dozen. And we do include extras with at least 6 purchased.

I would be interested in a mixed dozen or so, Ill have room for up to 18 :) I have to buy another bator anyway so might as well fill it up! When would they be shipping?

Depends on the time of year- spring/ early summer we sell maybe a 1/4 to 1/3 what we hatch when still little and fuzzy and grow out the rest to sort for later.
Mid summer- late summer- sell most of them locally as very young chicks - and then we raise a handful of them up until they feather out and sort keepers from sale chicks.
BUT- I don't ship chicks until they are at least 4-5 weeks old.
I do have 5 WC cuckoo chicks that are 4-5 weeks old available, and also 2- 8 week old WC Cuckoo chicks.
But that is all at the moment as far as chicks go.

Will have a few young tolbunt pairs available soon- but not right now..

Hello. I've purchased eggs from you in the past and was hoping you have more available. I'm interested in 3 silver laced, 3 buff/gold and 6 white crested mix. Can I mix and match for a total of a dozen?

Back
Top Bottom