12+ Pure English Blue & Splash Orpington ***Fertility Test*** hatching eggs

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
For your consideration, 12+ hatching eggs from my
Pure English Blue & Splash Orpington flock.

***Please note, these eggs are being sold with the knowledge that this auction is a test to check fertility in my flock.***

This is an auction formatted listing, please place your bid by replying to this post. Bidding will start at $100. Bids may be placed in any increment as a reply to this post. Shipping will be included in your final bid.

The auction will end Saturday April 14th at 6:00 PM PACIFIC STANDARD time. All bids must be submitted by 6:00 PM to be considered. Payment must be sent at the auction's end and will only be accepted via PayPal. I will PM the winning bidder with my PayPal information, please send payment promptly so that I can put your eggs in the mail no later than Monday April 16th. I double wrap my eggs individually in bubble wrap, then place the eggs inside of a small box padded with bubble wrap and put the smaller box inside of another box padded with even more bubble wrap to ensure that your eggs arrive to you without a scratch!.

I have 8 hens penned with my rooster. There is 1 Black hen, 4 Blue hens, 2 Blue pullets and 1 Splash pullet. The older girls turned 2 in August and the 3 pullets are all 8 months old. My rooster is my big Splash boy, Neville. Neville has been penned with his girls for about 3 1/2 weeks now. I set 35 eggs from this pen yesterday to test fertility myself, the girls are being very productive so I figured I would share with others before I separate everyone to do specific breeding.

My flock is the product of 2 different lines, both lines legally imported into the United States following all USDA regulations. I purchased my flock from a breeders in Virginia and Alabama. If you would like to know more specific details about the lineage of my flock please send me a PM.

The chicks that hatch from these eggs will be Blue or Splash, I have hatched mostly Blue chicks in the past.

A quick explanation of BBS genetics:

Black X Blue= 50% Black, 50% Blue
Blue
X Blue= 50% Blue, 25% Black and 25% Splash
Blue X Splash= 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Black X Splash= 100% Blue
Splash X Splash= 100% Splash

I am very proud of the quality of my Orpingtons, the birds are very typey and large, my Blues have excellent lacing.

My flock sire, Neville.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.
To see more pictures of my flock please visit my website, http://www.brooksidecottagefarms.com
Thank you for your consideration and good luck!

Last edited:
Folks, I am closing this listing for the time being until I can candle the eggs I currently have in the incubator, next Wednesday will be day 10 for me, if the eggs are developing then I will reopen this auction. Thank you to those who expressed interest.

how far are you from compton california
were they be the option for
local pickup for hatching eggs

Back
Top Bottom