12+ Rapa Nui Hatching Eggs -Ponape, Spice Island, Wallikiki, Kedu Bali

Yashar

New Egg
11 Years
Oct 18, 2010
Oneonta, New York
I have three breeding groups I am selling hatching eggs from.

Group #1 Ponape Rooster with ponape & Kedu Bali Hens
Group #2 Spice Island
Group #3 Wallikiki Basket Bantam

The eggs up for auction will be from all three groups, I will mark each egg to identify which group it came from.

These are not standardised breeds, they have high % jungle fowl, some would even call them jungle fowl.
They require a higher level of care than the highly domesticated stock if kept confined. They won't thrive in filthy conditions. They are bantam sized birds that need a higher protein feed. You can't feed just standard layer pellets and expect them to do well.

I really love these birds... the Spice Island crow is so pretty...

Here is a link to a thread that refers to these birds.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=540636

Ponape%20Hen%20(Cream%20Egg).JPG

Ponape Hen

Kedu%20Bali%20Rooster%202.JPG

Kedu Bali Rooster

KSI%20Micronesian%20Jungle%20Fowl%201.JPG

Spice Island Rooster (above and below)

Micronesian%20Rooster%201.jpg

Koro%20Sea%20Hen%201.JPG

Spice Island Hens (above and below)
Koro%20Sea%20Hen%202.JPG

KSI%20Wallikiki%20Basket%20Bantam%20Jungle%20Fowl%203.JPG

Wallikiki Basket Bantam Rooster

Wallikiki%20Basket%20Bantam%20Hen.JPG

Wallikiki Basket Bantam Hen

Last edited:
WOW!!! amazing birds!!!
So beautiful.

Are the eggs for sale from these birds? Just I think I recognize at least one of the pictures (Kedu Bali Rooster) from a different auction by someone else so am a bit confused. I could be mistaken.

Last edited:
Yes, you have seen that photo before. He was the sire of stock sent to another steward in CO. So his picture was used in selling those chicks.
I took the picture this last spring - A few of his daughters are in the Ponape group, along with a few of his non dominant roo sons.

Here is a pick of one of his sons that is in the group as we speak. It is from a few months ago..

70075_beautifulsized.jpg

This bird is outstanding ! So classy and I was wondering what color skin does it have ? I really like the darker birds and those feathers are so glossy and iridescent , I could not raise them where I live because it is the opposite of jungle.

Quote:

If these are available again this spring I am SO getting some!!

The Ponape especially is a looker, lots of Junglefowl in that bird.

What I'm realising is that it is hard to offer such a wide variety of eggs on one auction.

I'm not used to this style of selling...

The next auctions will be more simple. Perhaps just eggs from one group at a time.

Sorry for any confusion...

But for anyone interested in this auction, this is all great stock that you will enjoy for sure.

Oh, yes, I will be selling eggs in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom