12 week old English Orpington

chickfused

Songster
Aug 1, 2021
Pullet, right? It's got HUGE thick legs. And it grew in it's comb and wattles like that (and that red) at 5 weeks. They have never increased in size, just stayed like this proportionally. No crowing. It's never faced off or fought with the other young roosters.

1660744251334.jpeg

1660744539635.jpeg

I really thought it was a roo too, but had second guessed myself because it basically stopped developing. Thanks!

He's a pretty thing at least. Hopefully he'll get a few bucks at auction. Or maybe I'll keep him. All my other roos (barring one) are tiny breeds. This one's a unit.

Pullet, right? It's got HUGE thick legs. And it grew in it's comb and wattles like that (and that red) at 5 weeks. They have never increased in size, just stayed like this proportionally. No crowing. It's never faced off or fought with the other young roosters.

View attachment 3226058

View attachment 3226061
100% cockerel. I breed many varieties of English Orpingtons. That's unmistakably a male. He'll be gorgeous and very gentle when he's older. It's common for them not to crow until nine months. I have a six-month-old Recessive White cockerel now that hasn't crowed.

Back
Top Bottom