1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 week old pullets

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by max13077, May 22, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

What would you be feeding them and how much? I currently have them on free choice grower/finisher. 18 of them eat about 10 pounds every couple days or so; a little more sometimes, a little less others. Is this OK?

When should I start feeding layer ration?

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Don't feed a layer until they are at least 20 weeks old. All of mine are on Purina SunFresh Flock Raiser. I feed my quail on it too. I suppliment calcium for my older girls. Everyone is big and healthy. They seem to eat less now (11 weeks) than when they were bitties. They are allowed to go out and free range when I am home so that helps in the food dept.

3. greggy

greggy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Reed City, Michigan
    Whats a good protien content for pullet grower? Is the 15% grower ration that Tractor Suppy sells good? Or perhaps I should mix some oats with the 20%?? Is 9 weeks too soon to start?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by