12th Annual 2021 BYC New Year's Day Hatch-Along!

Pics
I'm just holding off, as I didn't want to confuse the numbers. Day 28/21 is actually tomorrow for me, so we're still waiting. But I DID have 4 (3 ducklings/1 chick) that were overachievers... I put them in lockdown on Wednesday afternoon, and after I got them all out of the turner, I noticed I had two already externally pipped! They hatched later Wednesday evening, and then they had a flock mate hatch last night... the early birds got the zoomies and ran the newcomer over several times! Tonight, the chick hatched, 1 day early, and the ducklings were picking on it! So, it was time for the ducklings to come out, they're in their brooder, and the chick is now asleep, resting its head over the other chick eggs underneath the fan. I felt if I didn't get the ducklings out, I'd have a dead Cream Legbar chick in the morning. So, we still have 5 duck eggs, and 9 chicks due to hatch tomorrow. So, we're still sitting on our hands, and praying.
:fl :pop

Okay everyone, you all need to let me know how many hatched! So far, @Kiki is the only one reporting hatch numbers. Thanks @Kiki!
1609544845459.png

It's a big fat 0 for me 😩

Glad to at least be able to live vicariously through pictures here, though 😍

Back
Top Bottom