12week old Cuckoo Maran hen or rooster?

Hi An update: I have ads posted and even an announcement with 4H but no rooster adopters or even eaters. I’m a vegetarian so was trying to get an adoption first. Then I looked into neutering with the estrogen implant and got answers spanning from No don’t do to we’d have to but a whole pack of implants so would be too expensive to implants are illegal in the US. I separated him from the pullets. He’s still right next to them but removing him every night from them to a covered dog carrier so he wouldn’t crow at dawn was too disruptive to him and the pullets. He has gotten used to being next to them and probably because he’s unhappy with this situation he has stopped crowing. Still trying to give him away. My vet will not euthanize and I honestly couldn’t do it

Hi An update: I have ads posted and even an announcement with 4H but no rooster adopters or even eaters. I’m a vegetarian so was trying to get an adoption first. Then I looked into neutering with the estrogen implant and got answers spanning from No don’t do to we’d have to but a whole pack of implants so would be too expensive to implants are illegal in the US. I separated him from the pullets. He’s still right next to them but removing him every night from them to a covered dog carrier so he wouldn’t crow at dawn was too disruptive to him and the pullets. He has gotten used to being next to them and probably because he’s unhappy with this situation he has stopped crowing. Still trying to give him away. My vet will not euthanize and I honestly couldn’t do it
Where are you at maybe someone here might be interested if there close to where you live.

Where have you posted ads?
I've successfully rehomed many cockerels and two roosters using my local Craigslist and posting to local/regional FB Poultry groups.

There's a lot of farms in Eugene area I would think someone would want it. If you have a local feed store put a poster up on there bulletin board. I have one at my nursery in in Sonoma county.

Back
Top Bottom