13 week EE. Pullet or roo

Amanda0419

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
This 13 week EE is my Aunt‘s chicken. She sent me this picture today and I was shocked to see how much comb and wattles she has. We both bought EEs at the same time and this one is the only one with a big comb. Any thoughts on gender?

D4F3D54E-B8C7-4A73-81EE-7E12B00F9C3E.jpeg
245EF183-A175-4DBF-B1D9-C6965D76D901.jpeg

This 13 week EE is my Aunt‘s chicken. She sent me this picture today and I was shocked to see how much comb and wattles she has. We both bought EEs at the same time and this one is the only one with a big comb. Any thoughts on gender?
it looks like an ISA brown hen or a sex link,
an EE looks like this
1659305877052.png

Not an EE (At least not obviously, unless it's a whiting) is she sure it's 13 weeks? It looks like a sexlink Pullet but if it isn't, it's definitely a cockerel.
Yes we bought the chicks on April 30. The bin was labeled EE but we got them from TS so it possible it’s not an EE.

This is another picture…maybe it will help figuring out breed.
DF4B22CA-AA78-4750-ADDB-9C42B2AF699D.jpeg

it looks like an ISA brown hen or a sex link,
an EE looks like this
View attachment 3206946
Not always. Their looks can vary greatly. The only requirement for an Easter Egger is that it lays colored eggs. Granted, hatchery EEs usually have a specific look to them from them breeding their lines so long but even then they vary quite a bit and they definitely don’t all look like that nor do they have to.

Yes we bought the chicks on April 30. The bin was labeled EE but we got them from TS so it possible it’s not an EE.

This is another picture…maybe it will help figuring out breed.
View attachment 3206954
Tractor Supply is notorious for mixing chicks up. I think it looks like a pullet but more time will tell for sure.

Back
Top Bottom