Ended 13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Alongā€”Edible Easter Contest

I didnt see the clams/oysters until you pointed them out. I've seen Easter rabbits, Easter chicks and ducks, Easter flowers, etc etc etc, but I never expected i would see an Easter guppy fish! Very cute and creative!

Good luck in the contest everyone. I'm no cook by any means, and I appreciated All the creative ideas and entries here.
Thanks! There are all kinds of goodies in the aquariumā€¦the only thing not edible is the glass apothecary jar.

*The sand at the bottom is raw (edible) sugar cookie dough mixed with baked sugar cookie crumbs.
*The next layer of rocks and pebbles are crushed Necco wafers.
*There are 2 chocolate starfish.
*There are 2 oyster cracker oysters with a dab of peanut butter in each to hold the halves together and to form the oysters. A few more closed oysters are scattered on the sea bed.
*The seaweed is red basil snipped off my plant.
*The submerged logs are cinnamon sticks.
*The school of fish kids are Goldfish crackers.
*The Giant Easter Guppy is a mini-loaf of French bread, carved into a fish shape (well, more or less), covered in two layers of cream cheese and rolled in blue, silver, and gold cake decorating sprinkles. The fins and tail are bits cut off the loaf, coated in cream cheese, and coated with decorating sprinkles. His eyes are two circles off a candy necklace and dotted in the center with cake lettering gel. The gill is also black lettering gel.
The Advil are on my nightstand and the margaritas are in the fridge. You know, for medicinal purposes. ;).

Thanks! There are all kinds of goodies in the aquariumā€¦the only thing not edible is the glass apothecary jar.

*The sand at the bottom is raw (edible) sugar cookie dough mixed with baked sugar cookie crumbs.
*The next layer of rocks and pebbles are crushed Necco wafers.
*There are 2 chocolate starfish.
*There are 2 oyster cracker oysters with a dab of peanut butter in each to hold the halves together and to form the oysters. A few more closed oysters are scattered on the sea bed.
*The seaweed is red basil snipped off my plant.
*The submerged logs are cinnamon sticks.
*The school of fish kids are Goldfish crackers.
*The Giant Easter Guppy is a mini-loaf of French bread, carved into a fish shape (well, more or less), covered in two layers of cream cheese and rolled in blue, silver, and gold cake decorating sprinkles. The fins and tail are bits cut off the loaf, coated in cream cheese, and coated with decorating sprinkles. His eyes are two circles off a candy necklace and dotted in the center with cake lettering gel. The gill is also black lettering gel.
The Advil are on my nightstand and the margaritas are in the fridge. You know, for medicinal purposes. ;).
That's an amazing list of creativity! No doubt your attention to so many details would be obvious in person, but i've already learned how hard it is to capture all the details for a Photo contest. No doubt a photo contest is also harder to judge than judging in person would be.šŸ™‚

I used some peeps for my entry in the Easter Basket contest, and for the first time ever I noticed the "printing" for the eyes is usually off. Sometimes waaaay off.

For example, this one was Almost ok.
View attachment 3071153

On this one, I was forced to conceal the grossly "misprinted" right side of it's face.
View attachment 3071154

And this one?! Four "eyes" in a place no one needed to see!
View attachment 3071161
My peeps eyes weā€™re all off this year too. I thought it was because Iā€™d bought them at the dollar store, but maybe everybody elseā€™s were off too. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

My peeps eyes weā€™re all off this year too. I thought it was because Iā€™d bought them at the dollar store, but maybe everybody elseā€™s were off too. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Some of mine were fine... others had joined eyes, 3 eyes, were cyclopses, had them on their tail...

Back
Top Bottom