Ended 14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—National Poultry Day

My chickens are important to me because they just make me happy. Every day I go out to them, and they come running and greet me all excited (although, they're probably more excited for the treats, but I like to think that they look forward to seeing me, lol) No matter what I'm feeling or how my day went, they always manage to put a smile on my face.

IMG_20220926_122325459 (1).jpg

This is a picture of my OEGB pair, Pearl and Little man.
They were definitely always there to help cheer me up when I was down, and just bring me over all joy to see then both! Still to this day, I don't know who was happier to see who, me or them.. 😅 Every time I'd open the door to go outside, they would instantly be at my feet wanting treats. Loved those two together.
I'm sad to say, but my lovely little Pearl passed away last week due to an illness that I tried to cure for over a month...
Little sweetie will be dearly missed by her bf, and me.

This is actually the very last photo i got of her before she got ill, and passed.. 😢
Anyways, here's my photo, and the end of my ramble. ☺️
1681533391075.png

All 40 entries were entered into a spreadsheet in the order they were posted and given a number. To pick the winners, the random number generator was used.
1682274895543.png
1682274878380.png
1682275082491.png
1682274868712.png
1682274888316.png
1682274903120.png
1682275407656.png

@Pampers
Poultry are important to me because, going to my coop is a way to get some Peace and a break from busy day to day life, they provide nutritious and delicious eggs for my family and they give me so much joy to watch as they go about their day! Happy poultry day everyone!
20221229_150801.jpg

@mrskenmore
My love of poultry started when I hatched chickens and ducks in the third grade. It would take over 25 years to have my own flock. I am so grateful for what they give back to me each day. I love spending time with them and educating others!!

20220521_141336.jpg

@Kingbobkingdom
IMG_1334.JPG
Poultry significantly changed my life. Ever since I hatched my first quail, King Bob, I knew that I wanted to be an ornithologist (I'm not in college yet) (Ornithologists study birds). Having these creatures gave me a substantial peek into the lives, behaviors, and needs (and genetics) of birds, including wild ones around the world.
They also taught me where to hold my affections. A year ago, I was closer to them than I am now. A year ago, I learned to let things pass away, especially these birds. They shouldn't hold the chief of my emotions. I still love them, but I still love my friends better.

@kurby22
I never knew that what felt missing in my life was poultry! Owning poultry brings me an inner peace, an excitement to learn all I can about them, and they fill my soul. A day of chicken TV in my backyard with a nice beverage is all I need to feel content and forget the chaos all around us. Can’t imagine a life without them now!

60220AB2-C8D5-47AD-A9CC-600029986823.jpeg

@Candyjablonski
Owning Poultry for me started with this rooster almost 4 years ago. I had him a dog and young cat and they were all buddies. I don't think he knew he was a rooster at that time. He saved me when I was very lonely. Fast forward and he's the proud roo of 9 hens. Father of many chick's. He means the world to me.
20230227_175951.jpg

@Debbie292d
My hubby never thought in a million years he'd be living in the country and raising chickens. He now enjoys them as much as I do and calls them "decorative moving yard ornaments." They bring us so much enjoyment. It isn't about the eggs, but they sure are a nice bonus!
rooster frizzle 2.png

@Pampers, @mrskenmore, @Kingbobkingdom, @kurby22, @Candyjablonski, @Debbie292d, I will send you instructions on how to claim your prizes in a bit!
thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated. This contest wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow:clap
Great job, everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Back
Top Bottom