15-week-old Silkies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by catchthewind, Jul 18, 2011.

1. catchthewind

catchthewind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Vancouver Island
    Are these guys still too young to tell? I have no idea what I'm looking for as far as knowing the gender, but I'm hoping to downsize any roos sooner rather than later. I know that may be wishful thinking with Silkies, but even some ideas would be helpful. [​IMG]

Silkie 1:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silkie 2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last one I'm pretty sure is the third one, but my daughter accidentally spooked them while I was about to take pictures and this one and Silkie 2 got mixed up. So there is a possibility this is the same one as above. The picture isn't that great because he/she wouldn't stop moving but I figured I would include it too in case it gave any clues!
    [​IMG]

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I would say their girls but im no expert but I love silkies!!

3. mommom4

mommom4 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2011
    Looks like hens. The roosters have a very prominent raised zig zag red in the front and mine are becoming evident now- had 6 chicks, 4 look like girls and 2 are now cock a doodling as best as they can and they are about a couple of weeks younger than yours. Know anyone who wants roosters?? The silkie girls have like a red raised bubbly look or nothing at all.

4. catchthewind

catchthewind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Vancouver Island
    Quote:I hope you're right! By raised zig zag, do you mean where their combs are? Do you have any pictures of yours?

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    they look girly to me! And they are SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOO pretty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by